Chapter 54: Christmas Eve

.

.

[24th December 2013]

.
.

"Nicole trust me, I'm not upset." I assure her and she smiles.

   Nicole just came off the phone with my mum, and her mum and dad, they can't get here for Christmas, due to the snow blizzard that's hit America.

They came from Australia to America the other day, but unfortunately a snow storm decided to happen, whilst they were in America.

   Too bad, they won't get to see the decorated tree, that Nicole took time putting up a while ago.

   You're probably thinking why doesn't Nicole's mum just zap all of them here, well thing is magic doesn't happen in certain conditions.

I got told that by Nicole, when I suggested it.

"Good," Nicole says.

Oh yeah! It's Louis' birthday, don't worry I got him a gift, a gift of my friendship.

A bit shit, but he did say he didn't want anything and besides he has everything he wants.

    However, I successfully got literally everyone Christmas presents, including Jason. I cannot wait to see and hear people's responses to

  My phone rings.

It's Zayn.

"Hi," I speak first.

  Nicole lifts an eyebrow at me and mouths, "who is it?"

I mouth back, "Zayn."

She simply nods and goes back to doing what she was previously doing.

   "Hey listen, can you come over?" Zayn begins and without hesitation I reply.

"Yes, can Nicole come?" I ask.

Zayn laughs at something in the background. "Yeah yeah, just hurry. Bring all your gifts too, including Louis'."

Hahaha Louis' birthday present, I sure won't forget the gift of friendship. Am I right?

   "We'll be there in ten."

I hang up the phone. "Get ready Nicole, I think we are staying at theres for Christmas. So we need to get all our gifts and load them in the car."

   She smiles, as I have a very excited grin on my face. "Can't wait, since Luke is spending Christmas with relatives, this should hopefully beat going to meet his family."

  Thankfully, Nicole is letting me off since its Christmas, to actually be allowed to communicate with the others.

This is why I love her, she isn't afraid of bending the rules.

     "I know right, let's get ready. Pack some stuff for tomorrow morning too, we're most likely going to stay at theres." I tell her, just before we both go into our rooms.

.

.

***

[5:00 pm]

  "Happy Birthday Louis! My present for you, is the gift of friendship, not because I'm poor, it's because I'm thoughtful." I hug him, as he laughs.

     "Best gift yet, thanks Kate, thank you guys for the presents." Louis says.

       "No problem pal. We like giving each other stuff." Connor speaks for us all, although I don't know if his being sarcastic or not.

Carolyn stands up and I roll my eyes. Sorry, I still don't like her at the moment. "What should we do?"