Chapter 40: Goodbye Original Part 2

Oh my gosh, this is my 40th chapter... Can't believe I've stayed committed to this fanfic for this long. Thanks for reading guys omg! :)

Listen to 'Pretty Hurts' By Beyonce... At the side if you want.

----------------------------------------------------

--Katherine's POV--

Me and Nicole turned one more corner, leading us into a large ballroom. This house is kind of ancient, you can tell it's been around for a while.

When we find them. I freeze in place, I don't know why? I couldn't help it, I was too weak. My body hurt.

I don't even know what to do right now, but Nicole does.

She runs over to Vera and tackles her to the ground, stopping her from hurting Zayn anymore.

I scan the room for any sign of Louis or Cassy...

When I spot Louis, he has Cassy up against the wall and trust me when I say he is struggling.

Cassy gripped his neck and suddenly I felt like I was being strangled.

I held onto my neck and fell to my knees. Louis spotted me as he turned his head and then frowned.

I unintentionally distracted him and Cassy had now got him up against the wall.

Why am I feeling the same pain as Louis? That's not normal is it?

I hear footsteps coming towards me and I look up to see Zayn.

He kneels down and lays his hand on my shoulder... "Babe, I thought I told you to go, you can't be here... God, are you ok?"

I try to reply, but begin choking.

Zayn has concern written all over his face; he looks towards Louis and Cassy and widens his red eyes.

He seems to know what is up with me and rushes off to help Louis.

Zayn pulls Cassy off Louis and throws her against the wall and she groans. My throat starts to open up again and I don't feel the same pain I was feeling a second ago...

Weird?

I cough twice in a row and Louis is by my side in a split second leaving Zayn to finish Cassy off.

With help from Louis, I stand back on my own two feet and clench my fists.

"Katherine, are you okay? Are you hurt? You need to go. Now." Louis slightly pushes me towards the exit, but I hear Nicole scream.

"I need to help too Louis, and you're going to respect my decision." I say shoving him out the way and charging for Vera.

"Hey, Vera! LEAVE MY COUSIN ALONE!" I pounce onto Vera and start punching her, she attempts to head butt me, but I dodge every one of her horrendous attempts.

I punch slam Vera's head consistantly against the ground resulting in her becoming unconscious.

I stand up in victory and turn my attention to Cassy.

One down and one more to go.

Nicole uses her magic to hold Cassy in place. She seriously has got the hang of this...

All of a sudden two strong looking vampires rush into the ballroom abruptly and get a hold of Zayn and Louis. I gasp and feel my fangs come through.

Cassy smirks and shrugs her shoulders... "I may not be able to move, but I still have tons of vampires on my side. So, I am giving you a choice Katherine. Is Louis the one you want to save? Or is it Zayn? Or actually wait are you willing to sacrifice yourself for both of them to live?"