Chapter 49: Suspicion Of Murder

...

.
.
--Harry's POV--
.

.

I come up to Katherine's apartment and see the door open, automatically thinking she left it open for me.

My thirst is still increasing every second and when I feed from a human, it gets even more insanely mad.

I was about to lose it, so I needed a bit of time away from Katherine, the smell of her blood was the only thing I could smell.

"Katrina!!" I shouted, waiting for a never-coming reply.

I narrow my eyes in confusion. She should be able to hear me. I close the door behind me and check every room in the apartment, only to find no one.

The only sound in the apartment is coming from the television; she must have forgotten to switch off before.

My attention heads off to the direction of the tv, as I hear that they have found a suspect on the news.

Weird. I'm the murderer, so I wonder who they are accusing now.

"We have interviewed a few locals who believe that they have seen the murderer in action. They have all described the killer as a long haired brunette, who looks like a student." The reporter started completely focused on the story.

I carried on listening.

"Then we searched up some of the previous disappearances' of Sam Porter, Trina and Kimberly Killian and of course Cassy Simpson, to find that they all have relations. They were all last seen speaking and associating with the same particular student."

The reporter takes another breath before continuing.

"Nurses say that when Trina had passed out after witnessing the murder of her sister Kimberly, she kept on murmuring the name of the girl, she thought caused the death of her sister. So we ran some reports on this so called female and turns out she has long brunette hair just like witnesses say. We also got evidence after another search where Kimberly Killen was killed and we found a strand of her hair in the house, which matches the suspect's DNA. We cannot name the suspect yet due to legal reasons, but we'll be back soon to say more." The news reporter finishes.

It doesn't take a genius to know that Katherine is the suspect. How? They think she is capable of killing all the people on her own? Humans are so dumb.

That means they have arrested Katherine! If that is where she is, I have to find her. Now!

.
(Half an hour later)

.

.

--Katherine's POV--
.
.

They locked me in an empty room, with my wrists still cuffed up, leaving me to sit at an empty table.

One of the police officers went to try ring my emergency contacts, which are my mum and Nicole, but problem is that none of them were answering their phones.

Maybe I should be grateful that they aren't picking up to be completely honest.

My mum is most likely doing her daily business handling meetings and stuff, while Nicole is phone free, since she is with Luke doing couple stuff.

Hopefully no one finds out about this, besides Harry so he can come get me out of here.

I'm a vampire so I could just compel or kill the police, but are you kidding me! I am not going to compel or kill the police, they are here to protect.