4. A Vow to Protect

The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.

—Lois Lowry

***

Henry Cavill as Gideon Royce Valentine

Gideon's POV

  Loneliness is never more cruel than when it is felt in close propinquity with someone who has ceased to communicate.  

I climb out of bed and find some newly laundered sweats in my walk-in closet. Outside, a leaden sky promises rain, and I'm not in the mood to be rained on during my run today. I head upstairs to my gym, switch on the TV for the morning business news, and step onto the treadmill.

My thoughts stray to the day. I've nothing but meetings, We have to go Vostok – Antarctica at evening. The council meet is going to organize there.

I stop the treadmill, breathless, and head down to the shower to start another monotonous day.

As I stare out the window at the skyline, the familiar ennui seeps unwelcome into my consciousness. My mood is as flat and gray as the weather. My days are blending together with no distinction, and I need some kind of diversion. I've worked all weekend, and now, in the continued confines of my home, I'm restless.

I frown. The sobering truth is that the only thing to capture my interest recently has been my decision to send seven freighters of cargo to Germany. This reminds me— Theodore is supposed to come back to me with numbers and logistics. What the hell is keeping him?

My Overseas business is in control of my Beta Theodore. He is in command of all my business and do all the managing and controlling. Only A V industries is in under my direct control. 

A V  recalling these letters always make my heart swell with happiness. A V My family, dream and legacy.

The name for whose sake I am here, the one who is the most important part of my life yet I am far away from. The identity of our world, our entire existence. The face of this place. My only family yet a stranger to me.  My princess, my heart, my family.

 A V  "Alicia Valentine" 

The brightness of supernatural world, but Lost in her own world. Away from the world, away from life.

 Away from ME and my Darkness.

A commotion at the door bring me back to present. Gerard was standing there all dressed up in his elegant formal attire.

"Good morning Your Highness." Gerard greeted as he entered the gym.

Always punctual Gerard.

"Morning." I answered in monotonous tone.

Taking a seat in one of the comforter I asked,  "Is Theodore back?" 

"No Majesty, he informed he still needs time. Things with Michael are, you know his condition." 

Sighing I know at this matter I can't interface. Being a Beta he has responsibilities and he is totally dedicated to them but he has some responsibilities as a Brother.

 "When he'll be back?"

"He is trying his best. Majesty..." 

Taking a deep breath he continued, "Beta wants to talk you last night, he wanted your permission to keep Micheal here with us. He is not in the condition to be kept alone."