57. Mystery and Miracle

You're with me; I know but then why these tears are not ready to accept.

Thank you so much for your wishes!

I really appreciate your kind gesture!

***

"Sometimes when I look at you, I feel I'm gazing at a distant star.
It's dazzling, but the light is from tens of thousands of years ago.
Maybe the star doesn't even exist anymore. Yet sometimes that light seems more real to me than anything."

— Haruki Murakami, South of the Border, West of the Sun

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Apart from You]

Niera's POV

In reality, we often consider ourselves undeserving to reach the precious elements of life and when we realize, time and the precious both leave us.

I was unaware of the cause of her pain, this agony that someone gifted her but now I desire to present her the colors of life, so that she can complete the sketch, bringing colors to life.

I want to take away this longing of hers, that emptiness her soul is cradling inside her.

Unintentionally, my hand rose, sailing in the waves of air, desiring to touch and caress her cheek. Pure affection and adoration swelled in my heart witnessing the dull hollowness of her beautiful soft face.

She looks so fragile, almost breakable.

How can god hurt her? How can anyone hurt her?

The question invaded my sanity as I fought with conscience.

Stay in your limits! It was my sanity which took the command on time.

For a moment I tempted over the thought but discarded the idea whilst withdrawing away my hanging hand from air.

All the way her eyes were transfixed on me and my bemusing actions. Her gaze holding different flood of emotions that were passing over her orbs but settled as on longing again.

I smiled at her softly but in return received her stone stoic stare at me.

A sulking awkwardness spread around us before she averted her eyes ahead to capture the scenery. Her initiative diminished the overwhelming heavy stillness settled between us.

I sighed softly admiring her soft features; her soft wavy tendrils swaying with the soft breeze swirling around blessing her innocence to life.

Moments passed as my heart trying to feed itself with her adorable presence and she continued to meander her gaze around the dense vegetation area. The trees swerving their leaves creating soft rattling noise, entertaining us in this quietness.

I was trying to pay attention toward the random pattern in which the branches were dancing diverting my concentration until a firm yet soft voice broke my stance, snatching my attention.

"What are you?" her croaked out voice came.

My brows furrows as confusion ruled my conscious cells.

My mind send cells to brain that was working hard to think hard over the croaked out words.

Was it my delusion or I heard incorrect?

Or incomplete?

I wondered silently with crumbled brow muscles.

Huh?