72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks

Happy Forever Friday!

***

"People think I am strong. I am not strong. There is a difference between a strong person and a stubborn person who just won't put her sword down. I am the latter. Again and again and again... pick the sword up, pick the sword up, pick the sword up..."

— C. JoyBell C.

***

NIERA'S POV

Metals collide, noise emits, its natural.

When strike to attack; blood is natural.

How shall I save myself when the death is natural!

*~*

Panting heard, not one but from several sources, some were tired, some relieved, and some defeated under the screams, mouth bleed.

I stirred in darkness before the hand of mine jolt in pain under my weight. I dragged it off with the energy left inside me as I opened my eyes, to find myself almost lying on the ground. The barrier between Tiara and the sword was I, and the barrier between me and the sword was the metal shield I held in my throbbing hand which almost forgot to shiver after the collision.

It was heavy, very heavy to be hold by one hand but somehow I had found the energy to bring it between Tiara and the deadly strike. My heart was pounding in my rib cage, the hard beatings were clear to my ears in the quiet arena.

My breathing was stopped but I shrieked startled when I found arms circling around my neck.

I snapped my gaze to find Tiara was there flushed as she came to me for rescue from her terror.

Quivering, she gripped my neck before I was forced to remove the shield from my side.

Staggering up from the muddy ground and removing the shield simultaneously I was standing in front of the two warriors in pure black, on their faces, the metal black and gold masks were there hiding their faces from me. Tiara clutched me to her life while I dropped the shield completely from our defence.

My eyes scanned to the warriors, straight, squared shoulders, solid built, their presence made the air more thick with command even without their faces to show. The tension in me hiked as I reasoned the fact that I was sharing the air with them.

"She was g—"

I was trying to justify my actions for interruption. However I was more worried for the consequences it'll be bring to us. They looked like warriors, and what my theories stated, they are far more lethal and trained to show mercy over us.

I did all my attempts to hide Tiara behind me and gratefully she was complying in her own trance.

The warrior as I could distinguish was bearing the strikes and took the tricky turn in order to save him, took a step toward us, precisely me. I gulped but stood my ground.

The similarity of their costume uniform showed no difference between them but their body frame somewhat was different, making it easy for me to distinguish.

He came closer, before his hand came forward and with great care he took the shield away from me while I stood in bafflement to his actions.

Taking the shield from me, he turned to the other warrior before with one move; he turned toward me and thrust the sword of his in my hand.