31. To Save the King

On a very special date for my friend, on the Wedding...

God bless you Avantika!!!

Since this week was a hectic ride for me with the moments of joy, I couldn't get the time to edit this chapter, apologies.

***

"We cannot resist the fascination of sacrifice, since a passion for Sacrifices is part of a Chess player's nature"

— Rudolf Spielman

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Meeting Mr. Mycroft]

Niera's POV

Dr. Baron gave another tug at my hand and we started moving which was actually him dragging me on my heels.

As the three and the half heads were moving closer, my vision and position stress was getting lucid.

My knitted brows stood in attention while eyes providing shock after shock.

The people's faces were getting clearer and my confident march on the marble tile floor clinking started to become wobbling with a new rush of anxiety attacked my bloodstream resulting me in palpitating.

There were: - Three familiar faces, one unknown with one was a part of my ride from 29th floor till now.

All pair of eyes were at my tremulous form when I stood in front of them with Dr. Baron.

There were Mr. Valentine with a blank hard look but his Caribbean Blue pool of eyes had quizzical questions in them, Mr. Theodore was standing at a distance with crossed arm over his chest, his face was stone blank with a surprised scowl in them, Mr. Black was as I perceive was nervous while fidgeting with his armrest.

Only one person in the sitting arrangement had a broad all knowing mastered pleasant smile plastered on his mature face and that was Sir. Gerard whose eyes were enjoying other's reaction while mine were wondering the reason his delighted mirth filled smile.

Since Dr. Baron was in my peripheral vision and it would took me an effort to access his features which I found severe with my quivering confident melting situation, I avoided his expression but I was sure he must had his charming smile on his face with serious eyes.

There was another person in the room who was sitting in ease. His face was void of any emotions, his eyes on my accessing my profile while his hands resting on the armrest in complete comfort.

Though, his profile was screaming elegance and reputation of a Victorian Lord from old times, I found only Wit, Shrewdness and astute Diplomacy in his eyes.

No doubt, his eyes were accessing me, trying to read me but mine were too busy digging out his hidden spark from his cool stone demeanor.

But praise my luck; my accessing session over him was hindered by a thunderous growl which resulted my in shrieking on my place while my grip on Dr. Baron's hand tightened to an agonizing level.

I gasped softly snapping my head toward the source and what I saw was enough for me to jump from the cliff of Mount Kilimanjaro or this Vintage Building.

There Mr. Valentine was seething while shooting daggers at me through his red, black, blue eyes, his fists curved in a flint ball turning his knuckles almost white.