27. Ancient Legends

The deepest of secrets from my heart.....

***

"I looked at him like a stranger, someone I'd never seen before, and he looked at me like I'd been lost to him for a thousand years and finally found."

Emme Rollins, Dear Rockstar

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Do Not Speak]

Niera's POV

"What happened dear?" I felt and heard Miss. Mariyaaa coming near us.

Biting my inner cheek, I replied "No—nothing just—"

Tell! Come on! Tell her... what you tried to plan, did and happened...

Tell her every detail. Go on.

Mortified at the thought, I shut my tongue with my thirty two soldiers.

"Mahriyah let her breath; don't hover over the little soul." Jerry muttered firmly or more like commanded.

The next instant she jumped out two steps backward.

I didn't have the time and energy to concentrate at her so I just shook away everything, rubbing my elbow with extra care.

"I'm fine Jerry. You can release me." I murmured leaving my elbow. He gave a questioning gaze to which I nodded and he released me.

Heaving a breath, I gave a last glance to my elbow before straightening it. The pain is subsiding, I mentally chanted Mom's name to provide me the strength to endeavor the calm.

"Sweetie, you—you should sit down for a moment. It—" Miss. Mariya's concerned voiced reached my eardrums. Much to my relief, it wasn't her regular enthusiastic squeal.

"Mahriyah she'll be fine. Go get her some water." Jerry efficiently cut her off abruptly sending her off.

She squeaks then staggering backward, she ran to fetch water for me.

"It wasn't necessary Jerry. I'm fi—" I tried to reason but again was abruptly cut off.

"Shall I call Dr. Baron? I know you're badly hurt." He softly whispered, concern was what I saw and felt in him.

Smiling at his kindness and concern, I shook my head, "I'm fine, trust me. There is no need. And beside do you wear silver or metal armor to protect your stomach and liver?" I asked, lightening his mood.

My trick worked as his worried, terrified face broke; he chuckled, shaking his head. "You really are crazy."

"We already discussed my talent. No need to exaggerate." I shrugged while rising my head showcasing my pride.

We both chuckled but then Jerry's phone vibrated, fishing out the device, he gave me a look and went away to answer.

Phew! I'm alone again... finally some relief.

God this day is proving itself as another desperate complicated beginning.

Giving a frustrated comb to my lose hair through my hand, I wander my eyes around.

Soft clean grass did wonders to my eyes as without giving another thought, I took a step toward it.

The area around me was deserted, mostly deserted with only the security desk was visible but the workers were busy in their task. Other than them I was alone with Jerry vanished to pick his call.