21. An Evening Maze

For the cutest..... cutejaya1

Thank you so much sweetie... God Bless...

***

"When we stand up for what we believe in—for what's right—there is always a chance that we risk the very things we fight for: our safety, our lives, our freedom. But if we stand down, the risk is definite."

Kelseyleigh Reber

***

Martin Freeman as Morgan Black

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Just a Glimpse]

Sir Gerard's POV

A knock on the door pierced through my concentration.

"Come in." Sighing, I commanded to the person waiting outside.

"Si-Sir I-I -" came a quivering voice.

"Yes, Miss. Dovin." I asked placing the file back on desk and joining my palms. With quivering steps, she came inside and stood in front of desk, palpitating.

"I need to apologize for my-my behavior that day." She flounder, the guilt and fear were clear in her eyes. Lowering her gaze she sobbed silently while continuing, "I did-didn't meant a-any harm to her." She whispered softly.

I knew very well about what she was apologizing for but stayed silent to let her continue.

"I-I swear it was never my intention. But when sh-she-" she gave herself to sobbing. Her muffled cries were clear through her mouth covered with palm.

"Sit down Miss. Dovin." I softly said but she stood there sobbing, her body shaking with her cries.

"Miss. Dovin, sit down." I asked her again but again met with her muffled up cries.

"Mariyaa!" I called aloud; my mind was already chaotic with today's events.

"Mahriyah Sir, its Mahriyah." She corrected me through her hoarse voice. Even crying, this lady can't let anyone to mispronounce her name. I mentally sigh.

"Yes, Miss. Dovin, kindly take a seat and stop crying, if it isn't a big problem."

Nodding, she instantly jumped on the seat, fumbling on her heels while wiping her tears frequently with the back of her hand, simultaneously.

"Sorry Sir."

Nodding, I leaned back on my seat, leaving her to continue with her babbling.

"O-on that day, I didn't mean to harm her but when she disrespected Alpha, my wol-wolf couldn't take it and took over. I tried, I swear Sir. I didn't mean to attack her. Please forgive me." She finished in her wavering hoarse voice. Her face till now is completely flushed.

"Why are you apologizing to me?" I asked, providing my back moments of leisure.

She raised her quizzical flushed face to meet my gaze. It was clear; she didn't get the hidden meaning behind my words.

"It wasn't me whom you attack." I provided to her silent query.

"It was Miss. William to whom you should apologize."

My words made her jaws hit the floor; she sat there in utter shock with wide eyes.

"Miss. Dovin, I can understand the situation where your wolf, Tanima took that step but for once take a moment and think what your step would have done if Majesty hasn't interfered at that moment." I softly said, I knew very well she didn't mean any harm to Niera. I personally had taken a strict action against her, if I suspected that. But I knew what she did was her wolf's respect for Alpha.