62. Trust is Essential

I wish if our Tears could bring you Back!

Happy Forever Wednesday!

***

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

— Helen Keller

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[The Night Falls]

Niera's POV

"Mate." She squealed with a soft clap.

"Mate?" a deep frown appeared on my face. She bobbled she face with a gleeful smile.

"You know Aunt Bambi Alpy and I were talking about mates tonight," She initiated while I sat listening to her attentively.

"You know on my last birthday he asked me what I wanted. And I asked for someone like Daddy." My brows were coming closer as she continued to talk.

Daddy?

Her father?

"But he laughed and said I can't have Daddy because he belongs to Mumma. So I asked him, if he'll be mine." I could help but gape in shock at the level of thinking.

"Then?" I asked curiosity blending in my tone making it more excited.

"He said okay." She answered nonchalantly.

My mind shrieked in horror gaping at her statement incredulously.

"When I'll grow up; I'll marry him." She revealed almost putting me to the situation of cardiac arrest.

"Huh?" I shrieked in surprise.

She giggled wholeheartedly at my surprised face.

"Alpy said he'll marry me if he doesn't get his mate when I'll get old." She giggled again.

I took a sigh of relief.

But why? My snarky conscience asked smugly.

"You want to marry Mr. Valentine?" I asked cautiously; I'm unable to comprehend why this statement even proved to be preposterous gives me a different feeling.

"He is the sweetest, and I like him a lot. He is always lonely and I don't want him to feel lonely anymore. If he doesn't get his mate, I'll be with him." She answered with such conviction and simplicity that it almost brought me to wonder.

To bring him a comfort and remove his loneliness; she is thinking this much!

I smiled at the beautiful heart this child hold inside her.

"But I pray to God, he gets the best mate for him. Strong and caring just like him, who'll give him only happiness and love. She'll be his Forever. A Queen for the King." She spoke softly looking at the ceiling above us as if asking god to fulfill her wish.

"Just like you." She whispered shifting her eyes to me and my heart skipped a beat.

"Me?"

"Yes, just like you. A loving caring, pure and innocent soul for my Alpy. I wish I could change the destiny, I would have paired him with you." She smiled dreamingly at her thoughts.