71. The Mate Bond

Happy Forever Tuesday!

***

"There's not much you need to know about the world. Except how to use a sword and trust very few."

— Melina Marchetta, Froi of the Exiles

***

NIERA'S POV

Some wear courage as cloak;

Some propound cowardice as necessity;

Both are defined as choices,

The one where you choose to define yourself!

*~*

"Tiara's father."

"Sahira's mate." The words of reference were roaming in my mind as I stood reeling with the information in hand.

He nodded with a hint of sadness, "Sahira's mate—her husband." He confirmed.

"But he was—s, Jerry told me is the security in chief of Princess." I asked placing my knowledge.

"As you place it, it's the same. Security head is the head of force we have, the stronger and the best will be given the responsibility to protect what's most precious to us. And our Princess is the most precious to the kingdom and—"

"Gideon." I completed on my own.

His gaze found my face the moment I took Gideon's name with a curved mouth.

"He is the commander of your force and protecting the Princess." I continued, disdaining that look.

"Yes, that's right."

"So Sahira, as I was told was her security chief or as you place it. So she was the Delta?"

Gloom loomed over his features, his smile vanished shadows of grim took their place as he looked at our feet before facing me, in my eyes, he nodded.

"She was the Royal Delta. The best and what we call the most deserving. She earned it with her skills and strength."

Pride shimmered in his eyes as he spoke, the affection he hold for the lady resting peace was lucidly there in his tone.

It never seized to amaze me how these people are connected to each other in the most connecting manner, where in life the people connected with blood are forgetting how relation and life works on love and trust. They hold respect and trust for each other like a family. Their bonds are far more strong and deep than any relation created by nature.

Not only for the one they have with them in front of their eye but even when the higher people are not present, I have never seen them speaking a disrespectful word, neither of subjects but also the authorities who never treat any official or subject like dirt. They offer the respect and place which people respect and earn by their honest work and qualities.

Even now when Sahira isn't with them she is been respected and mentioned by people with pride shone in their eyes.

This land is different and now I see how it's away and different from the plastic world we live in where it takes only one turn of your back to show people how low they can steep behind your back. They won't think twice to degrade you and take your advantage when you put them in your eye of trust.