65. Your Answer awaits You

Happy Forever Friday!

***

These woods are lovely, dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

— Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[A Word with Divergent]

Niera's POV

"Sir Gerard, I don't how to place this. But, the file which held all the details and credentials between A V Inc. and Greefy inc. is absent there. I tried to search it however it's nowhere in the Archives." I shot straight and fair; now the anticipating wait was excruciatingly to bear.

The deep lines of brows marred his features as Sir Gerard pondered over my words, I witnessed as I sat at unease.

"Why would you search the file?" he threw a question which I was dreading to hear.

He reached the core in mere second. I once wished he wouldn't but then it isn't possible.

The man drinks the nectar of wisdom and sleeps on intelligence; shrewdness is running in his blood!

I mentally cringed totally unprepared as the answer to reveal the actual reason sound very unhealthy at the point.

"Running away from challenges can never be a quality of a Queen, my dear." His words stung straight to me; wounding me mentally.

"But seeking options to solve it early, she could choose." I retorted but the next instance I felt a fright cornering me.

"Very well, then." He muttered grimly averting his gaze before his eyes met mine again.

"Sir Gerard, I wish to see the footage record of that day, please. I think the absence of that folder from Archives has some connection with that day's security breach as well as the misapprehension between our companies. We can find the culprit. It's possible." I said in a rush; a try to make him understand. But then who can teach the man of Wisdom and intelligence, his face didn't give away anything but his eyes twinkled.

"Why you feel that there is connection?" he asked calmly, taking no pressure of my words on him while I burnt in adrenaline pumping through my veins. For someone, he was unable to see the connection between these coincidental incidents but I could distantly see the shrewd man testing me through his words discreetly, his intention was only to know my clear perception.

"It surely can't be a coincident Sir. Intrusion in Archives, breach in the most secured place of building, no signs of any forceful entry and absence of the only file which held the most crucial detailing and documents between two companies when an employee of one is working here, investigating the misapprehension secretly. All at one place, one day. How I should not question the perfect coincident?" I stated putting all my efforts to come neat with words.

My presentation and his convincing will be my only key to step ahead.

"Sir neither my assumptions were wrong nor can we turn blind eye to this event. We must take action to find and punish the culprit." I spoke in desperation. The comforting couch beneath me felt pricking as my anger flared to heights.