32. Check'Mate'

Chess....

Were the King wins the game and his Queen is his Strength...

Apologies guys!

A major part of this chapter is related with the Chess game. Feel free to consult me for any confusion at any point where in the chapter or in Chess game. I'll try my best to solve it.

There are a few points on chess mentioned in the end; you can read them as well. Since Chess is something, one can't explain in words but I have tried my best to explain it. In any case feel free to ask. Thank you!

***

The Queen is the most powerful piece because it's not about her ability to move all over the board but the sacrifices she is willing to make to save her King's life.

Internet

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[To Save the King]

Niera's POV

"Your Move. Raymond." My Valentine's silence piercing commanding voice saved me as I shut my falling mouth while casting my head downward toward my mobile.

"Check!" my eyes snapped toward the victorious excited exclaiming announcement which was made by Mr. Grey Sky.

The chess board was in front of my eyes but my eyes took a wider view and saw Mr. Grey Sky was smirking slightly with triumph gracing his face in sheer joy; other people were equally flabbergasted with his exclamatory announcement.

Shock and anticipation were sparkling on their faces. Anticipation of Mr. Valentine's next move.

Whereas Mr. Valentine was lost in the chess board, his eyes transfixed on his King who was under the flint custody of Mr. Raymond's Bishop.

I squinted my eyes to the shattered pieces on the board, trying to comprehend the current game and envisaging his next Move.

It was King in the custody of White Bishop his only chance to escape is shifting one square to the left but it'll leave only one for him as White Queen is waiting for him to announce Check again and then it will be Check and Mate!

But wait! I pursed my lips concentrating harder.

His pieces! They are either blocked with other Pieces and which are free; they are of no use at this point.

So Mr. Valentine is going to lose?

My own words left a sore taste in my own mouth even without speaking but when I was washing my sore mouth with positive prayers something caught my eyes.

His queen!

His queen is free but in order to save the King he has to use her.

But then why isn't he using his Queen!

One move and he can save the game. It least for now.

Mr. Valentine might didn't heard my unspoken words as he was about to touch his King.

Oh great Lord! He'll surely lose if he takes that left square.

Mr. Valentine, please use your Queen!

The one who can save your game!

Please not the King but Queen!

"Niera! Came down Bambi. They are playing! Calm down!" my mental screaming was interrupted with Dr. Baron's soft concerned voice reached my ears and I was twitched on my arm.