20. Just a Glimpse

To the lovely Sugu-baby , thank you so much for everything sweetie....

Author's Note: The media used in this chapter are sourced by Internet. I hold no right whatsoever of these pictures. Thank you...

This chapter can be a bit confusing at some point. But that's where I'm for help. Feel free to comment or message me if you're confused at any point.

***

"Everyone who achieves success in a great venture solves each problem as they came. They helped themselves and they were helped through powers known and unknown to them at the time they set out on their voyage. They keep going regardless of the obstacles they meet."

- W. Clement Stone

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Chaotic Afternoon]

Niera's POV

I efficiently briefed him the unexpected meeting between Mr. I rule people and me, without revealing the minute flushing details of our 'uhm uhm' interaction and without stuttering.

Well done, Niera... back pats....

"So you were alone when this all happened?" He shrieked a little loudly, his eyes went wide at realization while the chair shook under his violent jerk. I mentally praised the poor chair which had to suffer Jerry's jerking panic attack.

Tube light...

"Nope, he was with me for some time than I was accompanied by Sir Gerard till this all solved." I explained before Jerry drops his precious eyes on floor in utter shock.

Now, I'm feeling very proud of my decision of filtering my encounter with Mr. Valentine, leaving the profound details of me finding intense sense of joy in his comforting arms while this whole building was shaking under an unknown dangerous emergency. Not to forget my stunning stunt of grasping his solid wrist in my impulsive actions.

I'm afraid these crucial exempted details will definitely send Jerry in deep shock.

No, no... he is a nice guy. He deserves to live. He has a little daughter to take care of. Don't ruin his life, Niera... keep your duffer mouth shut with your mind filtered. A sane part in somewhere of my petite brain wailed in Jerry's concern.

Shaking off this insane idea, I dragged my sole focus on the lavishing couch which was looking very tempting at the moments, what will it feel to keep my heavy aching head on its soft surface. How it would feel to ruffle my tired arms on its purple fluffy cover. How sweet will be the sleep which will take me to the land of peace?

How beautiful this creation is which we call couch. The person should get an Oscar who gave the idea to incorporate this lovely couch in this room. My room for now.....

I mentally made a note to thank whosoever gave me this room or rather this precious couch.

My dreams of sleeping on the blessed couch were broke by an intentional cough which was none other than from Jerry. I mentally sigh while dragging my tired eyes from the bliss to my dear friend.

Work now, rest later.....

"So, what Sir Gerard and you were discussing in the conference room?" he asked after a pause, his demeanor changed from relaxed to tense with slight frown lines marring his creased forehead. I frown at his query but without giving second thoughts, I answered this time without filter.