23. A Spark in the Dark

This one is dedicated to  riyasjacob  

Thanks a lot for all your support. It means a lot to me.

***

"There are some questions that shouldn't be asked until a person is mature enough to appreciate the answers."

― Anne Bishop, of the Blood

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[A Little Further]

Niera's POV

"So, here we are." He announced once we were outside the main entrance of motel.

I sat there busy fidgeting with mobile, scratching the cover with my painted nails to answer or acknowledge his announcement.

"Niera!" Jerry called a little louder this time which made me jerk slightly at my seat.

"Huh?" I met my dazzled gaze with him.

"We are here." He moved his eyes toward the direction of motel. I followed his gaze before nodding. My face must be grim.

Jerry's brows furrow, forming a scowl at his face, "What happened?" he asked with the same frown.

What should I say... I have to ask so much... but again my questions will be buried under some just-so-irrelevant explanations. Yet, just answer this one please.

"Jerry can you please find about how he is?" I asked taking a step of courage.

My heart is beating wildly behind my rib cage. I was palpitating. The feeling is unsettling, unnerving. Even trying with every fiber of my mind, I can't keep his worry away from me. I smiled, worked, laughed during the day but every second it was him who ruled my concentration. My mind...

But what reaction I received from Jerry was utterly perplexed for a slow processing mind like mine. My dear friend was staring back at me but in place of a frown filled with worry, his face broke into a gleeful smile with mirth dangling on his eyes. He isn't slightest worried for his boss... big boss... that's what he calls him. No Majesty.... Right Majesty...

Way to go.....

I sat there in the warm air conditioned atmosphere of his car where my eyes staring at him and his eyes were focused on my face. Apparently mine were lacing the concern for the man who is responsible behind my current situation, that is: away from family and my routine normal life and my dear friend here who is smiling when we are talking about the man who provides him a living, a decent job. I agree this man is a bit bipolar —okay multi-polar but still he is his boss. Yet his eyes are filled with some hidden elation.

I would have impaled such person if it was in my hand. But.... But my friend here is not such degraded ungrateful creature losing human ethics and humanity. Jerry is a very nice and decent person who respects his so called Majesty with his life with humanity is runs in his veins like blood. Giving to the thought that he is red cheeks with blushing material, I believe he has humanity in abundance.

But then again, why the hell he is smiling with laughing eyes?

"Sorry!" he exclaimed.

"You should be Jerry. Why are you smiling when I'm talking about Mr. Valentine. Here I'm pulling my hair in frustration and—"