34. Losing Her Chance

Welcome!!!

I'm back.

Apologies guys. I know I made you all wait 'A lot' but I'm finally back.

Let's get back to the Mysterious World of Niera-Gideon's Someone's Forever.

And yes, to answer your unvoiced query, there will be regular updates until unless any natural or technical calamity.

The Author is at your service, Majesty!

This chapter is Dedicated to a very special and amazing person whose words of appreciation have always brought a grin of elation on my face.

jangotra27 Thank you so much for being an amazing reader and the best support.

I promise, I'll fulfill my promise.

Lots of love friend!!!

***

"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."

— Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Defiance in Acceptance]  

Niera's POV

When the game of Chess won by the Black King, the audience around us went in the ride of swiveling emotions, and took the visit of elation, astonishment, perplexities and somewhere between pride and honor. Distinctly, I can't put my finger on while I was ahm ahm lost in my I mean 'Mr. Valentine's' victory.

They applauded with a smile when I came out of my trance and a deep unwanted uninvited blush crawled on my neck and nose and a serene smile on my lips. But my blushing smile was kidnapped and murdered in the jungles of bafflement when I threw a glance at Mr. Grey Sky's face.

I was expecting him to seethe in fury while shooting daggers at my way or perhaps with a defeated look and furious eyes because as far as I perceived him, he won't like his defeat.

Nor will he like the pride flaunting victorious smile on our faces.

But much to my bewilderment, what my eyes witnessed was something that could send me in the valley of wonder-struck amazement.

Mr. Grey Sky was smiling, this smile wasn't felt plastic but like it was reflecting the joy, it was real.

It felt natural.

His eyes were shimmering in mirth while his facial muscles were stretched up to the level of a grin whereas his hands were making an incessant noise that can be considered as applaud.

Because it was applauding, duffer.

Oh, yes! It was. Miraculously!

More than miraculous, it felt genuine. But then the question arises why?

The shine in his eyes proclaiming sincerity. When I gave a closer scrutinizing look found reverence in them.

But why there will be reverence in them when they should be cold or at least hard.