6. Test of Patience

Hello Beautiful Souls,

First of all, Extremely SORRY for the late update.

I know it looks like FOREVER to update. But here I'm again with a long and surprising update.

***

"Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures."

― Joseph Addison

***

Ashley Greene as Serene Revin

NIERA'S POV

They say when you don't know what to do, then let your instincts guide you. But they never explained what to do when your brain and instincts betray and leave you, when you are in the arms of Human incarnation of Adonis  and you do nothing but behave like a complete Awestruck Fool.

Well this was me, leaning on a complete stranger, hands on his solid chest with feet nearly left earth and my full body weight on him, with his hands securing me and taking all my weight like I weigh nothing.

As my senses and sanity were left on vacation, I took my opportunity to dive in his deep Caribbean blue eyes and enjoy the jolt of electricity in my whole body. Even through the layers of clothing between us, his chest was like stone beneath my palms, his stomach a hard slab of muscle against my own.

The fantasy part of me wanted to be secured in his arms like this Forever.

But the rational part of me took control and reminded me, the reason of being here.

Realization came to me like a bucket of lemonade with ice.

What am I doing?

I flushed with embarrassment and blush, unable to find the will to push away despite the three other people in the room with us. It didn't help that his attention was solely on me, his hard body radiating that arresting impression of powerful demand.

Blinking out of my semi-daze, I tried to released him.

Tried...

He was standing there unmoving, holding me with an impassive face. His high cheek bones and handsome face showing power but his eyes had a hint of uncertainty in them.

Or maybe Miss. Paranoid is being Paranoid AGAIN.......

He and uncertain, he is the second name for Confidence, remember his name.

GIDEON.....

I was wriggling in his arms but with all my efforts to freed me, his grip only tightened. A high pitch squeal left me when his grip tightened to an unbearable extent.

This seems to take him out of his daze and he loosen his grip on me.

I wobbled on my heels when he set me down, my knees weakened from the full body contact. I felt cold with the lose of contact.

Behind me, I could hear several gasps. I turned only to stumbled backward again as Jerry and others in the room bowed down to Mr. Gorgeous Saviour except Mr. Gerard.

Reaching out, Jerry steadied me and eased me back gently.

Mr. Valentine's gaze stayed focused on Jerry's hand at my elbow until I was released.