84.2 This Finally Concludes

Happy Forever Saturday!

The scenario ahead can be confusing, since the chapters has been formed taking many references from past chapters; if you feel lost, feel free to drop comment or message, I'll be there. Thank you...

***

"Fear keeps you alert. It keeps you alive. If you're afraid, you're still fighting to stay alive. When you stop feeling fear, you've stopped caring whether you live or die."

— Jack wilder, The Missionary

***

SIR GERARD'S POV

Sometimes I seem to get surprised by the trick of life, somewhere bemusing us, life takes away our hope, somewhere I see in despair, hope and miracle ignites.

The misty cold outside seems peaceful to look at, I find myself smiling standing near the wide windows, keeping the cold weather out. But the weather is mighty; it is making its presence known, like tricks of life.

"After a longtime I am witnessing such a wonderful sight." I didn't turn because the speaker was making his way to me.

"Is that so Raymond, I remember London is cold all around the year."

Through glass, I see his lips curved into a small smile, not a smirk but genuine smile. "It isn't the weather but you, Sir Gerard. It's been an age since I see you relieved." He reveals and couldn't help but smile back at my friend.

"Yes, I feel relieved, at peace after a long time. And this change feels good for my old bones." We share a chuckle as he shakes his head.

"I see she is taking the revelation quite comfortably. It seems surprising."

I let out a sigh before my eyes went back to the cold winds outside, although we can't see air, it has its ways to make its presence. The soft crinkles on window are nothing but air, howling at his cold presence wanting to reach inside.

"I fear the lurking perils, howling in dark, awaiting to make their presence know. Like air, invisible, but we can sense them around us." I shift my gaze back to my friend, who regarded me under his shrewd gaze.

"Like air to life, perils and dangers are essential part of politics. We can be saved, but somewhere the danger will come eventually." He answered earnestly, drifting his gaze to the howling wind other side of glass.

"We can put barriers but how long? Wind will find a way inside or someday we have to face it. Life can't be lived inside a cocoon, can it?" he counters and I heaved another sigh shaking my head.

"Of course not!"

My friend graced me with smile turning my worry far away.

The wind is away, I'll keep the barrier until I can!

"May I make an assumption," my eyes peep to him as we turn back from window, "The revelation that was kept postponing," he halted taking my face into monitoring.

"—Is now in front of her."

"Should the revelation be made, of what has been left?" I said instead, Raymond offer me his half smirk, before nodding in acceptance.

Dexter's presence blended in air before he announces through his words.

"Sir Gerard, Guardian Raymond!" he bows and receives our nod.