30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft

An assurance in hard times, my bliss in harsh life...

Dedicated to a great man, Sir Arthur Canon Doyle...

***

  "What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence. The question is what can you make people believe you have done."   

— Sir Arthur Canon Doyle

***

  Mark Gatiss as Royal Guardian Raymond Quinn

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Closer to Appraisal] 

Niera's POV

"Yes. I'm. I was just—I don't know, maybe blood pressure hiked or dropped. Perhaps." I provided with a convincing frown and a shrug.

Ah... Um... sweet cheek! I think you should let doctor decide that. What say?

I felt a strong urge to face palm myself for being such an imprudent speaker at the worst times. Reality and irony of the situation crashed over me like an iron rod.

I gave a harsh bit to my inner lip before glancing at Dr. Baron who gave me a look of sheer amusement while Mr. Black chose to flush his anxiety and stretched a smile.

I flushed crimson.

"You're fine. No blood pressure fluctuation, Doc. Bambi." Charming Doctor said with a smile.

Charming doctor? When did you named him?

Just now.

"We should get going, are you all right Miss. William. You can take rest if you aren't feeling fine." Mr. Black stated concerned.

"Bambi or Niera." I replied which earned me blank look from him.

"Either call me Niera or Bambi, your call." I enunciated. When he tried to argue, he lost the argument with 2:1 and defeated he smiled settling on both.

I shrugged with a proud smirk which lightened the atmosphere.

Strangely, the thick air of vexation and unnerving layer dusted out, I found the air lightening and temperature subtle.

"Let's get going." I announced with a smile.

"Someone's restive." Doctor Charming commented.

And a stupid blush crawled on my neck, the reason, this stupid tint didn't utter.

We didn't need to wait for the lift to arrive. Doctor pressed the call button and Golden glass doors opened from mid.

The box made me lost in wonders outside as well as inside. It was larger, lavishing and royal from any other elevator I used in this building. And it wasn't the usual dinging lift but plain silent lift gigantic room with golden glass polished walls all around.

Then an interesting question popped in my mind, interesting and valid.

"Why the lift I used had only the keys to 29th floor and not to the top floor?"

"Because all the six set of lifts have the same key panel of twenty nine floor apart from this one." I was answered by Mr. Black in his professional tone.