69. Peace and Storm

Happy Forever Monday!

Apologies, for responding late on the comments on chapters, it's because I'm not receiving any notifications of the comments on chapters. It's the mail that I receive after two-three days which let me know about the comments being posted.

***

"There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me."

— Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Fire: A Lethal Game]

I have played with fire. Like ever child I have the wish to play with those glowing red orange flames dancing through the brightness.

Like every child, I held this wish dear to me, but then not all wishes are there to bust into actions. I had played with it also, twitching my fingers around, teasing its light. Once I did the foolishness to place it in my palm placing the flames, the outcome was disastrous, not only it burnt me, it hurt me.

Burnt that stayed for a few moments,

Hurt that stayed for some time, and

A lesson that I learnt for lifetime.

Do not play with fire. It holds the power to burn you, it holds the power to hurt you, and when going lethal, it can melt you!

After that I never played with fire, I took it as to brighten up my surroundings. I learnt to bright up the lives of people around it through its light. It gave me learning, lessons, but never ever I tried to play with it again.

Never!

Because the burn that was inflicted was not bearable, I never wished to experience in my life.

You won't be hurt when you won't play, but what if the fire comes to play with you!

That's how I would define it, when the blazing fire itself came to play with me, encircle me in its embrace crawling slowly toward me. Heat and smoke were the two factors that I could notice when I fought back the mist encircling my eyes.

I blinked again as a soft cry escaped me, it was all fire, surrounding me, coming toward me. The ground beneath me was boiling, like griller would be when burn. My heels felt the hot, the smoldering as I reduced the parts of my feet to touch the ground, but it was not sufficient whatever part of my feet was touching the ground, it felt the burn. The heat and the pain it evolved.

Only the fire was visible, I felt my skin getting drenched with sweat that cascade down my neck, my back. The thick layer covered me like a blanket.

I tried to roam my gaze but fear gripped me when I found nothing, absolutely nothing to get a hint of my surroundings.

"Where am I?"

The thought crossed my mind but for concocting answers I received no time when the wooden ceiling just above me creaked a soft noise and it gave away from one corner, dangling through a weak edge.

My gasps were insufficient my throat constricted as I saw the ceiling coming down.

It'll hit me, it'll kill me, it'll crash upon me.