64. A Word with Divergent

Ramadan Mubarak!

Happy Forever Wednesday!

***

We all are protagonists, each and every one of us.

— Dalton Frey

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Tussle to Throne]

Niera's POV

"Oh! I forgot your laptop on the swing outside, I'll get it." Tiger squealed rushing while announcing.

My laptop?

How did it go there?

I took a moment to gather up the direction of his bouncing figure before rushing behind her.

"Tiger!"

"I'll get it Aunt Bambi; you go to the room." She announced without reducing her bouncing speed neither sparing me a glance.

Like I'll follow orders!

Of course not; you're the one defying the King himself, how can you listen to any living creature surviving on earth? My sarcastic nerves retorted while I pushed my legs to the direction of main door.

So with the same speed; we both came outside in the garden since I can't leave her alone in dark.

Well not everyone is adventurous as you are! So at least you can trust her. My snarky conscience has to make a snarky comment.

The view again made me captive but this time it wasn't the nature that ruled my mind but the evening incident where Mr. Gorgeous Saviour again proved himself as my Savior.

A deep shade of crimson graced my face and neck as I felt the warmth spreading over my cheek remembering his intense gaze on my wet face. He showed his decency while protecting me.

But the look on his eyes was something else: too hard to comprehend yet too open to read.

Don't forget the goodbyes! A part of irrationality murmured from behind the memories.

A cold gust of wind rushed passed me helping me to gain the awareness of my surroundings.

I smiled through the stupid blush before glancing at the place where he encircled me in his arms and then shifting my gaze to find Tiger.

But her stiff figure forced me to forget the warmth of my neck and rush toward her.

While I made my way toward her, the coldness around me increased in an abnormal way.

Maybe I'm hallucinating! I mused wrapping my torso with my arms.

Tiara stood stiff like a stone beside the swing; her eyes transfixed into the darkness. The laptop of mine was still resting on the swing untouched.

I took it in my hand while other placing on Tiger's shoulder. The child jerked in surprise, her eyes snapped at me completely startled.

"What happened baby?" I asked kneeling down to her frame. She just shook her head negative decisively; the faint traces of mischief in her were now gone replacing stillness and alertness.