51. 'Queen of Hearts'

Navratri ki shubhkamnaye!

Aap sab kar Matarani ki kripa sadeev bani rahe!

Happy Forever Wednesday!

***

Making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision."

Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Lost and Found]

Niera's POV

"Because he is." Miss. Mahri—yah shrugged speaking nonchalantly.

Jerry who was until now enjoying his coffee started coughing hysterically.

My subconscious wanted to roll its eyes but conscience twitched its palm before ordering eyes to search the water.

I did as I told; like a practiced soldier I found water, ran to fetch it and provided to the needy civilian; I mean my friend.

He drank water shooting a steel gaze at Miss. Mahriya—h and cured his coughing,

Once I felt he is fine and ready to talk I sat back, holding my cup of coffee, I continued the discussion.

"What?"

"Because I like wolf." Jerry provided as answer.

"You like wolf?" I asked him smiling for some unknown reasons.

"Yes." He nodded monitoring my strange reactions.

"Even I like wolf." I murmured encircling the rim of my mug.

"Since when sweetie?" Miss. Mahriy—ah piped in.

"Last night." I murmured reminiscing the majestic creature.

They both gave me amused responses which made me blush.

"Um! Sweetie, you had to discuss something with Mr. Revin don't you?" Miss Mah—ri—yah initiated.

I looked at her only to find she was gesturing me toward him with her dancing eyes.

Oh yes!

I looked at Jerry who gave us curious gaze.

"Jerry! Tiger told me about her birthday being on this Sunday." I put the mug down concentrating my complete attention toward him; my gaze was serious but bleak.

"Oh yes, we'll celebrate it. You are coming too." He said nonchalantly; visibly relaxed at the topic.

"She doesn't want to celebrate it." I announced; analyzing the effect I left on him.

Jerry whose cup was about to be placed on his mouth stopped midway as he kept his gaze transfixed on me.

I knew I had to continue but don't know how.

Sighing, I gathered my courage and spoke looking at him intently.

"She—I talked to her, she was upset. When I asked the reason she said, she don't want to celebrate her birthday because her Dada is very busy these days. He is not having proper time to rest and that's why she won't disturb or trouble you for her birthday." I spoke the reason of her perturbation; Jerry seemed guilt and pained hearing this.