9. A Night of Dilemma

A Dilemma worth wondering!

***

  Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.

Steve Jobs

***

NIERA'S POV

Death, a Bitter Truth.

Everyone wants to live life, no one wants to die. For some it's easy, for some it's painful. Some fears it and some accepts it with open arms but it comes to all sooner or later, everyone has to go with nothing, whatever you have will be left Behind.

Escape is Impossible.....

My life was simple, easy, normal but I was happy or at least trying to be happy but the destiny played it's trick and shove me in this place where my life stands over a cliff ready to fall. 

They say when your final calls come your whole life appears in front of you which reminds you what right and wrong you have done in your entire life. But I guess I seems to be different.

I know this is the end, I'll die here in the woods from the claws of these wild creatures. My tears are flowing uncontrollably. My body is shaking desperately trying to find an escape and hide somewhere and save myself from death. My mouth is pressed under my palm to hold back my sobs while other one is behind my back seeking support from the huge old tree as a bolster in my final moments.

My eyes must be red and wide with tears and fear. I wanted to see my journey of this life, for the last time live the glimpse of my fairy Mom, my guardian Prince and my Father. Our past was not happy and ideal but still we are family, I'm his blood, he is my father and I love him.

I want to go with their happy faces in my heart and eyes, I just want to close my eyes and welcome death.

But much to my chagrin, my eyes are wide open, focused on the mysterious brown fireballs approaching me, watching its every move toward me. The silence of the night was the submission of the woods. Silent Resignation to the command of the mysterious creature. The four legs were approaching Confidently, each step was measured with authority and oozing power.

A Supreme Authority....

A power....

A Leader.....

The cool wind allowed the huge trees to removed the curtains to let through the twilight casting a silver glow on the woods. With another thunderbolt piercing the darkness, I got the chance to look at my death.

With it's first look made me gape, the blood drain out of my face and a sickening feeling started to settle in my stomach. From some distance, there was an enormous creature, too big to be called as natural. Tall frame which was at least foot taller to my frame or maybe more. The dark brown furs covered it's huge body like a blanket, they were shining differently in the twilight. Dark brown can also be mistaken as black. A powerful aura and confidence was radiating from the creature, demonstrating his command and authority. Big sharp claws were cutting grass like sliver under them. Every detail about it was screaming deadly, but strangely warming.