Chapter 17: Fake Family Meeting

~Cami POV~

Cami was ready to leave for work that afternoon and started thinking about her missing roommate again. She had been gone for about a month now and even at her job she couldn't hear more than a few random unintelligible whispers. Everything was kept so hush hush about her. She had even braved Klaus's compound and asked him about her but all he said was it was none of her business. It just made her hate him even more. She was about to leave for her shift when she heard a key turn. She did exactly as Fiore had taught her to do and hid behind the kitchen cupboard, clutching onto her gun filled with wooden bullets. She heard the footsteps enter and she emerged, shooting on sight.

"Nice try Camille, but A) you need to be a lot quicker and B) most vampires don't have a key" Fiore said as she effortlessly caught the bullet.

"Fiore!" Cami exclaimed as she ran up and hugged her friend. "Where have you been?"

"I suppose you'd call it hibernating" Fiore answered, seemingly unsure of herself.

"Vampires do that?"

"I'm a very special kind of vampire" Fiore said but her voice was wavering. "Either way I'm back! But not here, I'm probably going to move back into the compound."

"With Klaus" Cami said gritting her teeth. "So are you two back together then?"

"Not really, I suppose. Just something big is happening in my life right now."

"What is it?" She asked her.

"I can't tell you first. It affects Klaus a lot more than it does you, so he needs to be the first one to know" she said worriedly. "But I knew Klaus wouldn't have told you what happened to me because he's very protective in that way, so I knew I had to come and see you. I also got you a gift."

"You didn't have to do that" Cami said beaming at her.

"I know, but you're the best friend I've had since I came here and friends get each other gifts. So I got you this" she gestured around the apartment and Cami looked back at her in confusion.

"You got me... my apartment, that I own?"

"Sort of. I bought you the apartment that your landlord used to own. Now Camille O'Connell, I am your landlord. And as your landlord, my first order is relinquishing my rights as landlord and bestow upon you this apartment. Rent free. Saying it out loud it's kind of rubbish, isn't it?" Fiore said awkwardly.

"No it's sweet and thoughtful" she said with a smile. And a genuine one at that.

"Should I have mentioned the car first then?" Fiore said smirking.

"You got me a car!" Cami squealed.

"I even paid an exorbitant amount of money for it. I rarely do" Fiore laughed. "But you're my friend, so you get special treatment, especially since we keep losing everyone else."

"Who did we lose?" Cami asked out of the loop again.

"I'd love to tell you but you need to take your new car for a drive and I have more people to make amends with" Cami was frustrated that again people refused to tell her things but as soon as Fiore kissed her on the cheek and left, all that frustration was clouded with butterflies.

~Fiore POV~

I walked back into the compound that afternoon only to be immediately met by one of the protective detail Klaus had assigned me. Normally I would be incredibly irritated but this time, I just wanted someone to talk to.

"Klaus has been looking around for you" He told me. "He's worried."

"Thank you...?"

"Pablo" He answered in surprise.