Epilogue: What's Yet To Come

A/N: I was planning on releasing this as a bonus chapter but I realised that this is too important so here you go, enjoy your bonus chapter y'all!

~Klaus POV~

Klaus stayed up in bed that night unable to sleep due to all the things that were clouding his mind at the moment. His daughter was gone, his city had been stolen, but most importantly the last words that Silas has said to him shook him to the core.

"Where am I? What happened?" Klaus asked in a panic before he lurched for Silas. He tried to jump him but Silas threw him away with a flick of his hand.

"You're in my territory, my rules." Silas told him as he got up from the ground.

"Am I on the Other Side?" He asked.

"No. You're in a plane of my own making." Silas explained. "Outside the constraints of time."

"Why?" Klaus asked him, scowling at the man.

"Because I need to talk to you about Fiore. And I needed it to be in a place where she cannot read your mind. You can never tell her about this, do you understand?" Silas sneered.

"Just tell me whatever it is you want to tell me and we'll go from there, shall we?" Klaus asked folding his arms over.

"Fine" Silas said glaring at his son-in-law. "The spell I cast on Fiore, to make her what she is today, thrived on her fear of me, but when I died, she wasn't afraid anymore."

"So that's what this is?" Klaus scoffed. "Daddy's afraid that his little girl won't be scared of the bogeyman anymore?"

"No" Silas snapped. "If she isn't afraid of me anymore then her spell starts to ware off which means she will die."

Klaus's face turned from annoyed to horrified in an instant. He had just lost his daughter he would not be able to cope if he lost his wife too.

"How do I save her?" He panicked.

"No need." Silas assured him. "When your mother turned her into a vampire she made it impossible for her to die."

"So what's the problem?"

"The spell still needs an emotion to latch on to." Silas said staring directly at him. "At first it found one—her daughter—but since her daughter is no longer in her possession she needs a new one. I thought it would be you, it made sense, you're the only other constant in her life, but when I told her about the last option I saw it in her eyes, the other constant. Her anger."

"But she's fine then" Klaus said furrowing his brows. "I'm still not seeing a problem."

"If the spell latches onto anger it will consume her. It will start slowly, just the big things but as it continues, even the slightest irritant will send her over the edge until there's no one there but her anger." Silas said fearfully.

"Why do I feel like there's more to this?" Klaus asked warily.

"Because if all that remains is her anger, she will obliterate every last living thing until there is nothing left." Silas said sternly

"How do I stop it?"

"You become what her spell exists on. The love you have for her, the love you have for each other—make that the emotion which fuels her."

Suddenly the two were transported back into the backroad where Fiore stood sobbing. Nothing had changed, no time had passed and Silas' hands were still on his head.

"Take care of her" Silas said as he removed his hands from his head.

"I will"

Klaus left his room and went downstairs where he had heard Hayley rifling through the kitchen. She was standing in front of the fridge with a blank expression until she noticed his presence here.

"What are you looking at?" He asked her.

"This space right here is new." She said pointing at the gap on their fridge. "Fiore must've made it for the baby or something."

"You're quite observant, aren't you Hayley?" He asked her.

"I guess" She said, shrugging.

"Have you noticed something different about Fiore recently?" He asked her gingerly.

"Other than the fact that she's a devastated mother without her child?" Hayley said sarcastically. Klaus urged her to answer and she racked her brain before she did. "Okay, I guess there was this one thing."

"What?" He asked her quickly.

"When she killed Genevieve her eyes were purple." She said scratching her head. "They did it again when Elijah pissed her off before I turned. Though that time was even weirder because I swear for like a split second, they were completely black. It almost hurt to look at her. It was like looking into a void abyss."

"Oh never mind then." Klaus said brushing her off with a quickly thought up lie. "They do that sometimes, just a side effect of all her abilities."

"Oh, duh." Hayley said shaking her head and laughing. "The Enigma strikes again"

"Yes" He said with a fake smile. "Well, that's me." He headed for the steps when Hayley called out to him again.

"I'm really sorry it had to be like this Klaus." She told him.

He nodded in acknowledgement before making his way back to bed and looking at his wife as she slept restlessly. He knew that what Silas had said to him was true and that his daughter being taken away from him was only the beginning, the worst was yet to come.