Chapter 48: Removing The Obstacles

I walked into the St. Anne's church where Elijah was having a faction meeting of sorts. There were many faces I didn't know, but then there were the three that I did, Kieran, Diego and my favourite witch, Genevieve. She groaned in disgust when I arrived and I blew her a kiss.

"These are the rules of the city according to Marcel Gerard." Elijah said as he ripped the document in two. "Which of course are no longer relevant as I'm in charge."

"Ooh Elijah in charge! I'm excited!" I squealed. Elijah let out a slight smile as I did, although the smile was short-lived as Diego of course had something to say.

"You said that if we came along, that we would get to run things by ourselves. Never mentioned anything about making yourself king." He growled.

Elijah rolled his eyes and sighed, clearly the original was having a stressful day. "Well, you were each selected to represent your own communities. However, any issues that arise between factions, it will come to me. Now, we are all responsible for the current chaos in the city. However, you have one very, very simple choice ahead of you here: you can all play nicely together, or you can leave."

"This is definitely my favourite type of Elijah." I said grinning at all those at the table.

"Are you his cheerleader?" Genevieve said sarcastically.

"Of course, I always support my family. And you know we are family, seeing as I'm the one married to his brother. Besides, a cheerleader is a still a step up from distraction." I said smirking at her as Elijah shared out his new terms sending the entre meeting into chaos.

"THIS IS OUR CITY" Diego shouted. "WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO WHEREVER THE HELL WE WANT TO!"

"WE WOULD CONSIDER IT AN ACT OF WAR" Genevieve yelled over him. At first I was enjoying the chaos ensue but then I looked over to Kieran who was becoming agitated and sweaty, turning to a sickly pale colour. The disorder was affecting his hex and I knew I had to stop them. I stood up and inhaled deeply, getting ready to release a lot of my breath.

"IF YOU DO NOT ALL SHUT UP, I WILL MAKE YOU ALL FORGET HOW TO OPEN YOUR MOUTHS, LET ALONE ALLOW YOU TO SPEAK! I AM PREGNANT AND THEREFORE MY HORMONES ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY SO BELEIVE ME WHEN I SAY IT IS NOT AN EMPTY THREAT!" I bellowed, quietening everyone down immediately.

"Thank you Fiore" Elijah said regaining everyone's attention. "Now returning to the issue of boundaries, you will all heed to the following— "

"Are you serious?" Hayley said as she stormed into the church. "You're dividing up the city, and the werewolves don't even get a say?"

"What the hell is she doing here?" Diego said pointing at her angrily. I gave him a cold stare and he immediately returned to his former state of silence.

"There is not gonna be a peace if the werewolves are excluded. They want a seat at the table." Hayley said angrily causing both Diego and Genevieve to scoff instinctively. "And if they don't get one, I can guarantee that you will all regret it." Hayley's words caused the leaders to argue again and I sighed as I pulled Hayley aside to speak privately, with Elijah following close behind. 

"Do you have any idea what it took just to get those people in one room together?" He asked her angrily.

"No, actually I don't!" She shot back. "Because I didn't even know what you were doing out here until someone else told me. Tell me something, Elijah. Did you leave the werewolves out because of me?"

"I excluded them because they no longer reside in the French Quarter. My immediate concern is to end the mounting conflict here. Now, I can assure you, once this treaty is solidified, it will expand to include your people." Elijah said trying to explain to her but what he said was silly.

"And in the meantime what should she tell them?" I asked him. "Sit? Stay? Roll over?"

"I would actually prefer that she remove herself from the process all together!" Elijah said firmly.

"I'm right here, stop talking about me like I'm not!" Hayley said glaring at the both of us.

"Hayley, are you absolutely certain that you shouldn't return to the compound?" Elijah said turning to her sympathetically.

"I don't belong there Elijah! I'm not one of you, I'm not having Klaus's baby anymore either" she said looking away from him.

"But what about Silas's warnings?" Elijah asked her worriedly, only to be met by her sarcastic laugh.

"You think I'll be safer there? In your little vampire's nest?"

"Is the Bayou any better?" He asked but she returned with a cold glare.

"The wolves deserve a voice. Give them one. You know it's the right thing to do." Hayley said looking at both of us.

"Oh I've already made up my mind Hayley." I said smiling at her. "I have to stand up for my wolf kin every now and then don't I? You are more than welcome to come to the party tonight, along with any other wolf you would like to represent you, but only if you leave right now." Hayley nodded and gave me a hug.

"Thank you Fiore." She turned to Elijah and glared once more before leaving.

"I don't recall giving you the authority to decide who gets a say" Elijah said folding his arms.

"If you want peace, Elijah, you have to begin with the werewolves. A hundred years ago, they had a run at ruling this city. As of late, all they've had is time to watch their enemies tear down that legacy." I said taking his hand and leading him towards the bickering factions.

"All the more reason their enemies are reluctant to bring them to the table." Elijah said still frowning. "And what of this party you speak of?"

"Take a page from Bienville, if the table's the obstacle, remove it." I said with a shrug. "Do you remember in 1720, the Governor's desperation to secure our help to build the cities first levees? We sat with him, and refused his offer, and so, he plied us with wine, and with raucous camaraderie until he had his yes." Elijah smiled at me and called the attention of the room.

"It is clear that we cannot come to a decision here, but I would prefer that our talks continue after we enjoy ourselves at the party we are throwing tonight" Elijah told them. "For now meeting adjourned."

A/N: SASS FOR DAYS! SASY FIORE, SASSY ELIJAH, SASSY HAYLEY! I AM SO DOWN FOR THE SASS SAGA! Everyone's being snappy, there's a party, every single relationship is on the rocks, I am so prepared for things to just crash and burn!

Leave a comment telling me which ship you would like to crash and burn the most. Not that it should come as any surprise but obviously I want Genevieve to find her bleeding square root!

Please also vote, follow and spread h word about the Enigma series! Two chapters this week because of the four last week but next week should return to the usual three! However if you would like more chapters per week, leave a comment because I would be more than happy to oblige! I didn't really get any feedback from you guys as to whether you like the songs or not, so what I'll do for now is only use songs on chapters that I think really need it rather than stress myself out every week about finding a song to fit. If you really do want the songs then tell me and I'll keep 'em coming!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed these weeks chapters! Until next time, love you as always! x