Chapter 70: Eternal Torment

A/N: Okay guys, this is it! In the last stretch of Enigmatic Beginnings! We just hit 3K reads and I am so grateful! Thank you all so much for getting me this far and now I hope you enjoy the final chapters of this instalment!

I returned to the compound and ran all the way into the nursery. I was finally going to meet her. I was going to see my little baby girl at last. I entered the room and there Nik stood and I immediately fired out my words at him.

"Nik, is she—" I didn't finish the sentence as he turned around and I saw the little girl in his arms. Immediately I felt tears drip from eyes at the mere sight of her. My pure child.

"She's beautiful." He said, smiling as he bounced her in his arms.

"She's perfect." I added, laughing as tears streamed down my face as well.

"You've had a messy time, haven't you?" He said, looking at my bloodstained attire as he passed over my daughter to me.

"Not as messy as this little girl." I replied as I held her tightly in my arms. "Or girls rather. They saved me, but they were scared so they merged."

"Come again?" Klaus requested as complete and utter confusion washed across his face.

"There's a coven of witches, the Geminis. Twins merge and absorb the other to become one, only the most powerful lives. I guess baby B took this one." I said looking at her. "Getting rid of a sibling day 1, you truly are your father's daughter."

"She truly is yours. She looks just like you." He said smiling at her.

"She truly is ours." I said tickling her. "Look, her left eye is grey like mine, and her right is blue, just like yours."

"Speaking of ours, we have a wedding to plan." He said smirking as I lay my daughter in her crib.

"That we do." I said pulling him closer to me in a tight embrace. "Any ideas?"

"I was thinking baby themed."

"Oh lovely, we'll put you in a nappy and a dummy, it'll be splendid." I said giggling.

"I'm joking, sort of anyway. I don't care. As long as the three of us, are together." I leaned up and kissed him when Elijah walked into the room.

"Niklaus, a moment." Elijah said. Nik gave me one last kiss before leaving the baby and I alone in the room and I looked down at her innocent, pure and natural self.

"Is this her?" Silas appeared beside me, staring at my daughter in awe.

"Yes." I said smiling as I picked her up. "Do you want to hold her?" He nodded in response and I placed his granddaughter in his arms, watching his eyes light up with joy.

"Hello there, little one. I'm Pops, your grandfather. You won't get to know me, but know that I love you very much, as does your mother." He said as he played with her hands.

"I take it Bonnie couldn't save you" I mumbled, already starting to tear up once again.

"No. But it's my time, my daughter, and I am ready." He assured me. "You need to focus on you and the child. They are" He said gesturing to Klaus, Elijah and Hayley in the other room discussing our predicament.

"I know how that ends. Our enemies our here, the baby, Hayley and I are a threat to Francesca, and then we're left with no options." I said as my tears were once again freed.

"You know there is one more option." Silas told me. "The one you have to take."

"I don't have to do anything" I snapped. "Certainly not that." Silas rolled his eyes as he returned the baby to me and disappeared.