Chapter 33: The Season For Blossoms

~Elijah POV~

Elijah returned to the courtyard after meeting with Monique Deveraux and being sent on a chase by a scorned Celeste. He stalked up to Marcel who was in the courtyard sending out more vampires to search the city. He needed to find his family as soon as possible, otherwise, hell would be raised and he would be the one doing it.

"Anything?" He asked Marcel.

"They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere. Daywalkers are working every contact we've got. Cops, dock workers, guys in the Treme... Word is out: anyone trying to earn favour with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them." Marcel replied.

"Good" He said nodding. "Get me a pen and paper" He started to walk away and after a moment of hesitation he was followed by Marcel.

"So are we in this together or am I just taking orders from you?" Marcel asked but Elijah had no time for power plays.

"Pen and paper Marcel, now!" He snapped in frustration as he began to remove his clothes.

"You know; I want them back as much as you do. All three of them" Marcel said with a sigh before leaving to do as he was told.

"HAYLEY" Elijah called out to her from the study., completely disinterested by what sentimentalities Marcel had to offer him.

"Elijah, did you find anything?" she paused after seeing him without a shirt and many names tattooed onto his back. "What is happening?"

"You're going to make a list of these names." He told her. She walked up closer and began examining the names on his back.

"Sabine?" Hayley said reading aloud in confusion. "Elijah, what is it?"

"I believe they represent the names of people Celeste has inhabited for the last two centuries." He explained to her.

"It's called a Devinette" Marcel said as he entered the room and divulged further knowledge. "It's like a riddle, very old school. Witches use them to teach kids. Solve the puzzle and it'll disappear."

"What is the point?" Hayley asked in frustration.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between yourself and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game." Elijah explained. "The longer the game, the more they suffer. To find Fiore, Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names."

Marcel walked up towards Elijah and pointed at the name next to Sabine's. "I know that name." He remarked. "Annie La Fleur, she was shunned from her coven, just over a year ago. I don't know why, but I'll find out."

~Fiore POV~

I lay on a bed, suffering in pain as warped and twisted images began to flood my head. I tried to use any one of my abilities to stop them but at the moment I was about as useful as a human. I willed and willed for someone anyone to help me out but I mostly wanted the one person I knew would never desert me.

"Fiore, what have they done to you?" Nik said looking at me in worry.

"Oh Nik, thank goodness." I said crying tears of joy. He had come to get me. I knew he would. I was safe. "The witches they got me too, I can't move. How did you get out?"

"I'm a vampire. I can break free of a couple restraints." He said with a chuckle. "Come on then, get up, we have to leave this wretched place."

"I can't, the witches they bound my powers, I don't know how, I don't know" I said sobbing.

"So you're a human?" He asked looking at me in horror. "Fiore, I can't love a human."

"What?"

"We have many enemies, as can be seen by your current predicament. Suppose another one of our enemies come after us, you'll die. You're a weakness Fiore, a weakling, an abomination" Nik said looking at me in disgust. "You're on your own from now on."