Chapter 39: My Only Weakness

Cami and I sat in my bedroom with Nik laying weakly on our bed. My alarm went off and I turned to Cami.

"Order up. First feed of the day" I told her. She nodded and sat beside Klaus and gave him her wrist.

"I never thought I'd be feeding a vampire" She said to me laughing. "16-year-old me would think I'm so cool right now" Klaus drank from her wrist quickly and Cami started to feel the effects.

"Okay, okay" I said rushing up to him and pulling his head back slightly so he would stop feeding so fast. "Slow down."

"I thought you said the vervain would burn!" Cami said still wincing slightly from the pain.

"As you are obviously yet to realise Camille." Nik said releasing her arm. "The line between what brings us pain and what sustains us is far thinner than one imagines."

"Hey I—" I pulled Cami and pinned her against the other side of the room.

"Not the time to be picking fights, Cami" I warned her. She nodded and I went to sit beside Nik. "So were you talking about her blood or your unrelenting need to hunt down the people you love most?"

"I'm too weak for a talk right now." Nik said rolling his eyes. "Especially if it's a talk from you."

"I'm sure if it was the ginger you were cosying up with earlier then it'd be a much different story" Nik looked back at me with a shocked expression. That of a man caught red handed. "Yes, I saw you allow her to undress you, touch you, I saw you almost kill her, but then show her the mercy you should have shown Rebekah. I saw her release you and instead of coming to find your pregnant wife you went on with your revenge plot. And then I saw you kiss her, more than once, and then promise not to tell me. Very nice, my feelings weren't hurt in the slightest."

"Considering you put a dagger in my chest, I'm not really the one that needs a talk on causing pain. Just be glad your friend Camille is still here."

"I'd like to see you try and kill her" I said with a sigh as I stroked his hair. "She's your sister Nik, how can you hate her? I know what she did was bad, but not bad enough for her to die."

"Yes it is!" Klaus snapped. "You were supposed to be my only weakness, in one thousand years you were the only person that had the ability to rip my heart out, but what Rebekah has done—her actions have done the same. Care for a story, Camille?"

Klaus, Elijah and I sat down on a table in the jazz club when Marcel and Rebekah walked in together and made their way over to the bar.

"Look at them" Klaus said as he noticed them. "Pretending not to be a couple when they so obviously are."

"Leave them Niklaus" Elijah pleaded, trying to stop him from making a scene. "Must you always cause trouble?"

Klaus shrugged out of his grip and Elijah sighed heavily, knowing his attempts to stop Nik were futile. He turned to me and I shook my head at him.

"Trust me, he's not about to do what you think he is." I said squeezing his hands.

"Can I have your attention?" He said raising his hand and getting the band to stop playing. "I'd like to take this opportunity to draw attention to two people who have been sneaking around behind my back together. As we move into a new era, we require more progressive attitudes to match. So, to my loving sister and my right-hand man and best friend Marcel, may they find joy in each other." I winked at Elijah who like Marcel and Rebekah was shocked by Nik's words. Rebekah walked over to our table, completely astounded by his declaration.

"Over the years, I've thwarted your loves simply to protect you. I knew if we had to run again, your heart would be broken, but we don't have to run anymore. We've found a home." He kissed her cheek and looked back at me. "Be happy my sister, be as happy as I am."

"That doesn't sound like you at all" Cami said looking at him in confusion.

"I had let my guard down, given in to happiness" He said with a quick glance at me. "Turns out they'd already betrayed me and brought to town the one thing I'd be running from for centuries—my father." Klaus got up and put on a shirt, buttoning up whilst Cami looked on.

"Oh." She said taken aback.

"Yes, oh." Klaus replied.

"Why are you getting dressed?" I asked furrowing my brow.

"No particular reason, we've got company." He said gesturing to Cami.

"Lay back down." I told him.

"No thanks" He said defiantly.

"Niklaus Mikaelson if you don't lie back down right now, I'll— "

"You'll dagger me again?" He finished.

"No, I'll sit on you." I said glaring at him.

"You wouldn't." He said glaring back.

"Oh I would" I said walking towards him. He stepped away from me and fell onto the bed. I used my vampire speed to fly on top of him and straddled him, pinning him down by his arms. As I looked down at him, I realised how much I wanted to kiss him, how much I wanted to do more than just kiss him.

"I guess you would." He said with a wry smile.

"What am I going to do with you Nik?" I said sighing. "You're so troublesome, wreaking havoc like no man's business."

"Yet you married me anyway." He said shrugging. "I think that says more about you than it does me." I angrily snapped his neck and got off of him before storming out the room in a huff.

"Where are you going?" Cami called out to me.

"A walk." I snapped before leaving.

A/N: Kliore is in a mess. I blame Rebekah and Marcel, we were so close!! I guess we're gonna have to go throgh another relationship hiatus. For goodness sake Rebekah they got through Fiore accidentally (or purposefully) killing his child but you just had to go and throw us on a loop by bringing Mikael into town.
Leave a comment telling me what you think is gonna happen whilst Fiore is on her walk. Also vote, follow me and spread the word about the Enigma series! Until tommorrow, love you as always! X