Chapter 56: The Power of Paranoia And Fear

I stormed up to Marcel's loft with Elijah where he was talking to Thierry about the events of the night, obviously proud of himself.

"MARCEL" I roared as I walked up to the two. His friend Thierry came up to me and I threw him at the wall, ignoring the sound of his bones smacking against the wall. "Do you see this Marcel?" I asked him as I showed him my matted hair full of my blood.

"Is that blood?" He asked me, somewhat upset.

"Yes, it is. My blood for that matter." I sneered. "Because during your little extravaganza I was knocked over, you imbecile!"

"I didn't mean for you to get hurt" He shot back. "I just wanted to get the message across."

"But she was hurt. You risked the life of her child, the life of Hayley and many others, most of which were lost today." Elijah said as he shoved Marcel against the wall. "I warned you, yet you still returned to the French Quarter."

"You gonna kill me, Elijah? Go ahead" Marcel taunted. "But then you won't know what Klaus has got going with that witch in his pocket."

"Oh, whatever shall I do? I suppose I could just ask him." Elijah said unfazed.

"Yeah. Make sure he tells you all about the secret meetings with the werewolves. That is, if he's still speaking to you once he knows that you killed me." Marcel said smirking now.

"Do you not know me?" He asked as he jammed his fist into Marcel's chest and grabbed his heart.

Thierry jumped up to defend him but I shoved my fist into his chest. "For your violation" I told Marcel as I ripped out Thierry's heart. Marcel looked down at his friend devastated whilst Elijah removed his hand from his chest.

"Thierry, no" Marcel said taken aback.

"You live or you die according to my will. Try to remember that." I snapped at him. Marcel started to cry and I left, with Elijah following behind me. Now it was time for the next person on my vengeance list.

**********************************************************************************

"You left without my gift" I told Genevieve as I caught up with her at the end of the party.

"Well after the vampires ruined my party, Klaus swept you off your feet." She said scowling at me.

"Yes Marcel certainly did take a page out of my book for dramatic effect, but don't worry he has been punished accordingly." I told her. "I always make sure the appropriate punishment is received and I always make sure that I try to make up for some of my wrong doings. For instance, when I constantly belittle you. Nik is married, not you. So here. I picked it out earlier tonight. A friend of yours gave me a hand."

She reluctantly took the box from my hand and searched my eyes to see what I was doing. "What friend was that?"

"Open it and you'll find out." She opened the box and saw the severed hands of the witch that she had sent to steal Esther's grimoire. "You didn't really think I would leave Esther's grimoire unprotected? All my stolen spells at your disposal? Bad enough Esther had them."

"A century ago, I had only heard of you and even then I hated you." She said glaring ta me. "Maybe I was naïve enough to fear you but I learned a lot in death. Trust me Fiore Mikaelson, it is you who should be afraid of me."

"I'm positively shaking in my boots" I said sarcastically.

"Your friend Cami showed up tonight. Her offering was quite sweet. So, I gave her faith that I would lift Kieran's hex, but there is none. Or if there was, there isn't now." She said smirking at me.