Chapter 38: A Unified Front

"Well this is a first" Klaus said beaming at the jazz club. "Werewolves, vampires, witches and dirty cops. All happy as clams and drunk as stoats."

"You gotta love this city," A woman said as she walked up to us. Lana, queen of the wolves.

"To a new era! Collaboration in the face of Prohibition." Elijah said raising a drink.

"To your docks, their booze, and our theatres to hide it under. You're welcome." She said clinking our glasses together and drinking.

"Now I shall have to think of a way to thank you personally, in a manner befitting a werewolf queen." Klaus said smirking.

"Klaus, we've just reached a unified front, let's not upset the balance." I grumbled.

"I'll see you around." She went to stroke his face but I caught her hand and wrenched it away tightly.

"Probably not." I said with a sarcastic smile as she walked away.

"Oh come on Blossom, you know I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize how happy we are." He said winking as he dipped me and gave me a kiss.

"Someone is in a very good mood." I said giggling as he pulled me back up.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He said as he pulled me closer into him.

"Who would have even thought it possible?" Elijah said in awe. "The unification of New Orleans?"

"We did it" Klaus said grinning as he gripped Elijah's shoulder and he kissed me on the cheek.

"Oh we worked together but Nik, this vision?" I said beaming up at him. "This was all you."

Klaus lay in our bed, with his shirt removed, the scar from Tunde's blade remaining as prominent as ever. Elijah came up behind me and looked down at him.

"You did the right thing Fiore" Elijah told me, noticing how conflicted I looked.

"Nik it was my idea to summon Mikael" Rebekah shouted, turning her brother's attention away from Marcel. "If you're going to kill anyone it should be me."

"Such loyalty to your beloved" He said shaking his head at his sister as she lay helpless on the floor. "If you had offered me even a fraction of the same, I wouldn't have to do this." He lifted the blade high in the air ready to plunge it into her heart but I intervened and stuck it into his.

"I'm sorry" I said sadly as he cried out in pain. "You didn't give me a choice."

"Fiore I—" Klaus never got to finish the sentence as the pain of the dagger started to take over him.

"Get out of here right now" I said refusing to look at either of them.

"Did you not hear her?" Elijah said as he dashed in.

The two of them were still hesitant and I could no longer tolerate it "I SAID GET OUT."

"Then why do I feel otherwise?" I said sighing.

"Camille is here." He told me, dodging my question. I couldn't blame him. What else would he have said?

"Bring her up please." I told him.

"Care to clue me in on your plans?" He asked me.

"Later. Right now, I need you to find Celeste and Hayley because it is more than likely that the disappearance of both is linked." I said scratching my head.

"Why me?" He asked sheepishly. I rolled my eyes before answering him. I didn't have time to play awkward love interpreter.

"I think we both know why Elijah" I said sighing. "Go get the girl, bring up the blonde one and I'll focus on Nik." Elijah nodded and after a few minutes, Cami came inside to join me.

"Why did you call me? Have you found a way to help my uncle?" She said excitedly as she came inside the room. "Oh wow, what's up with him?" I led her outside of the room onto the balcony.

"Look Cami, I haven't found a way to help your uncle yet, but we're all looking into it, I promise" I said taking her hand. "Right now I need your help."

"I don't have time for this Fiore!" Cami snapped as she pulled her hands away. "His hex is getting worse by the day."

"You don't have time for this?" I asked her in bewilderment. "My husband has a mystical torture device lodged inside his chest. My father placed a curse on me so that every time I see Marcel I want to kill him and he and Rebekah tried to kill Nik a hundred years ago and now that has come to light, he wants to kill her. On top of that, the girl that was carrying his former child is now missing and considering we have a crazy witch on the loose, not the best time. To add to that, she also wants me to help her get rid of the curse that has been placed on her wolf pack. Furthermore, I was recently kidnapped and tortured, had my powers and all of my abilities bound so I couldn't use them, during this time, I was forced to endure Nik getting overly friendly with a redheaded witch that wants my family dead. In addition to all this you want me to undo a hex, when I haven't practiced magic in over an entire millennium! I also may or may not have a wedding to plan, which is another thing on my to-do list and as if all that isn't enough I'm also pregnant! So don't you dare tell me, that you're the one who doesn't have the time."

"Okay" She said seriously. "What do you want me to do?"

"Right this way" I told her as I led her back into her room. "That mystical torture device? Papa Tunde's blade, the one that you were asked to put in me."

"It's inside him?" she asked looking at the gnarly thing.

"And every moment it's in there it causes him an untold suffering" I said sighing.

"Who stabbed him?"

"Me." I said rubbing my temples. "Wife of the year, I know. Pass me that scalpel and take a step back." She did what was asked of her and I sliced open the scar on his chest.

"Why am I here then?" She asked me as I jammed my hand in to remove the blade.

"Because I need to keep Klaus sane, but when he is freed he will hate me and say some not so nice things to me that I'm not sure I'll be able to take." I said sighing sadly as I fished about for the blade. "Which means I need you here to keep me sane, so I can keep him sane. I also need you to feed him from your wrist."

"AGHHHH" Klaus cried out in agony as I pulled the blade out.

"I'm so sorry" I said tearing up slightly. I kissed him on the forehead and turned my attention back to Cami.

"Don't you have blood bags?" She asked warily.

"Yes but yours has vervain in it. It'll burn him and he'll ingest it slower. I plan to use this time to try and persuade him not to murder his baby sister." I explained to her "Nik, know I never wanted to hurt you but you were going to kill her, and we both know, you don't want that."

"He looks so feeble and helpless" Cami teased.

"I would watch your mouth Camille." I warned.

"I'm supposed to be afraid of this?" She said mockingly. "What not so nice things is he going to say to you?"

"Fiore, you will pay for this, I promise" Nik whispered weakly. "And we both know I want that."

"Things like that" I said tears brimming in my eyes.

A/N: I guess we know what Fiore chose... RIP the Kliore wedding because Klaus is PISSED. Also Fiore's monologue on all the crap she has to do is my aesthetic.

Leave a comment telling me what you think Klaus is gonna do now that their relationship is in murky waters. Also vote, follow me and spread the word!!! Love you as always! X