Chapter 67: A Love Letter

"Writing a love letter to me?" Nik said as he walked into the room. I was sat down in the nursery, pen and paper in my hand, enjoying the rare instance of a peaceful day in the Mikaelson household. "Go on tell me, are you writing about how dashingly handsome I am? Or how romantic I am? Or how smart I am?"

"Mostly just how vain you are" I said, laughing at him as he stood smugly in the doorway. "Oh, okay then you two." I said, laughing as the babies kicked.

"Are you okay? What's happening?" My husband asked me, looking extremely panicked.

"Don't worry Nik" I told him, laughing even harder now that I had seen his nerve-wracked face. "The babies are just wrestling inside me. Come have a feel!"

"Okay" He said nervously as he crouched down in front of me.

"This is girl A" I said as I moved his hand to one child. "And this is girl B"

"Wow" He said laughing excitedly when Elijah called out for him. He raised his eyebrows but didn't for a second entertain the idea of responding to his brother.

"Go Nik" I told him.

"But I want to play with the babies" He said jutting out his lip in sadness.

"We'll be here when you get back." I said smiling at him. "Always and forever." He kissed me and then left to go find Elijah.

This is for you my baby girls. Your father just came in and felt both of you mucking about in my stomach until your Uncle Elijah called him away. He was not very happy about that, he can't wait to meet you both, neither can I. I never met my birth parents and I never really knew my other mother that well either. But with you two, I will never let that happen. You will know me from start to finish, not that there'll ever be a finish for us. I know you're witches, vampires and wolves, that much is certain but I do wish you aren't immortals. You'll just be compelling your Father to do whatever you want to do. Truth be told, he'd probably allow it anyway, because he loves you and would do anything for you, the same is for me. I promise that every day you will come to a safe home, someone that will love you no matter what and someone that will fight for you until the end of time itself. A family. There you have it my lovely little ladies, I love you both and I hope you know that everything I ever do, is for you. Your mother.

~Hayley POV~

Hayley had done what Fiore had asked her to do and then rushed to where she knew she had to be. She stepped in front of the church when Elijah appeared beside her.

"Are you ready for this?" She asked him.

"Always and forever"

The two ran into the church where Fiore was screaming and crying out in pain as they tried to restrain her in order to kill her and her babies.

"Andrea!" She cried out. "Elijah! Help me please" She said crying. Elijah lunged for the guards and ripped off his head but Abigail and Genevieve linked their magic together and anchored him to a wall telekinetically.

"Fiore tell me what to do!" Hayley cried out as she desperately tried to think of a plan.

"I love you Elijah, you were a good brother." she said sobbing. "Tell Rebekah the same, and Caroline. Tell Silas I'm sorry, that I tried. Tell Cami too and tell Marcel that I wish I could have been what he wanted—"

"FIORE NO WAY! YOU ARE NOT DYING!" Hayley yelled at her.

"I love you Andrea, and I'm sorry. Make these bitches pay and take care of my little girls and let them know that everything I did was for them. Tell Klaus that I love him more than there are words able to express, and there will be no one like him, tell him to be happy." She spluttered out. "Okay ladies, you know what to do." Fiore said staring at her stomach as the babies left her and entered Hayley's body. As they did a large glow appeared around her and Hayley felt the weight of the babies shift significantly.