Chapter 26: Pretty Little Lies

~Cami POV~

Klaus had taken Cami back to the compound and forced her onto a hanging beam. She stood there uneasily, taking care not to offset the balance. She knew she shouldn't have provoked him, but how was she supposed to know that Fiore hadn't told him? She then thought back to when she had seen her that morning. She wanted to tell her about the baby, but she had to tell Klaus.

"Wouldn't do that" Klaus said as Cami tried to keep her footing, breaking her train of thought. "One wrong step and you go from fully formed Cami to a splattered mess of a Cami."

"Why do this to me in the first place?" She asked in a panic. Klaus was refusing to relent, he hadn't even calmed down a little bit.

"Because you told me a very cruel lie, Camille the brave bartender" Klaus said shrugging. "There's brave and then there's just plain stupid. I'm beginning to think you're the latter."

"Fiore is pregnant, I heard her say it!" She snapped hoping to get Klaus to see reason. "If she didn't think she could tell you about it, then that's on you, not me."

"The thing is Cami, am I supposed to believe I've been shooting blanks, as they say, for an entire millennium with Fiore and that Hayley was just a happy coincidence?" He said looking at her expectantly, remaining in his sinister state of being.

"Well I don't know what's happened with you two and I don't care! I definitely don't care about your extensive sex life" Cami replied as she glared at him. "She told Rebekah before she told you. Don't you think that's sad?"

"And now you're involving Rebekah in your convoluted lie?" Klaus said chuckling. "Well I suppose I'll just have to keep you on your little beam until she returns. My little sister will definitely want to be around when you go. She also has some very creative methods of punishment."

She stumbled as the bite Klaus had given her started to take a heavier effect. She began to feel woozy and lightheaded but she knew she had to stay calm and keep her footing. One misstep and she would fall to her death.

"Klaus please don't do this, let me go" She pleaded. "This bite, if it keeps doing what it's doing, I'll fall down and die."

"Don't worry Camille, I don't want you to have such an easy death. No, I want you to suffer." He said smirking. "Should you fall; I promise you will not die. Although, my track record with promises is very spotty, so take that with a pinch of salt."

"Klaus, what the bloody hell are you doing?" Rebekah strode into the compound and Cami felt a weight lift off her shoulders. Rebekah would corroborate her story and then she would be free to leave.

"Ah Rebekah, you're back" Klaus said clapping his hands together. "Cami over here has an elaborate work of fiction and claims that you know about this."

"Rebekah, please tell him about Fi's baby" Rebekah looked up at the two of them, taken aback. She didn't immediately respond and Cami started to think she wouldn't confess.

"Well, well, well" Klaus said smirking at her. "It appears as if Rebekah isn't going to continue your pretty little lie."

"That doesn't make it any less true." Cami shot back. If she was going to die, then she wouldn't die being afraid of Klaus. Klaus's face changed from a smirk and into one of a complete fury. He flicked the beam and Cami tried to steady herself from falling flat.

"Careful now Camille. Wouldn't want you to fall to your certain death now, would we?" Klaus said with a grim tone.

"She's telling the truth Nik." Rebekah called out. "Fiore is carrying your child."

Suddenly Klaus's face stopped being aggressive and unwelcoming and became shocked, surprised but more than anything—excited. He scooped Cami in his arms and jumped down with her to his sister.

"Where is she?" Klaus asked Rebekah as he put Cami on the ground. Rebekah looked down at the ground, unable to answer his answer his question. "What is she going to do?" When Rebekah didn't answer, Cami knew that Fiore didn't plan to keep the baby and Klaus did too.

"Klaus, I'm sorry" Cami said, resting her hand on his shoulder. She may not have liked him but she had a heart. She knew he would've wanted to keep the child, to have one of his own but if Fiore didn't want to—then it was out of his control.

"No Camille, I'm sorry." Klaus said turning to face her. Her eyes widened in shock because she didn't know why she knew or how, but she knew that he meant it. She nodded in response and he walked away, completely broken and in defeat.

"Klaus, wait! We can find her" Rebekah said, trying to comfort her grief-stricken brother.

"And do what?" Klaus mumbled in defeat.

"Try" Cami said. "If there's anyone on the planet that can convince her, as much as I hate to admit it, it's you."

A/N: Cami is my number one babe! Klaus tried to murder her and she's still like have my help xox! But is Klaus gonna find her/stop her in time?
Please vote and follow me! Also leave a comment telling me what you think is going on! Like why didn't Rebekah immediately tell Klaus about Fiore's baby? Love you as always X!