Chapter 55: Colourful Words

The witches feast was in full swing and I was fully bored. I watched that prissy little Monique girl received gifts from all sorts of people, I watched as Klaus schemed, I watched as Josh snuck in to be with Davina and I watched as Elijah flirted with a grumpy Hayley. I greeted excited guests with a fake smile and longed for the night to end when Klaus brought Josh onto the steps with him and Davina followed worriedly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, please" Klaus said addressing the crowds. Everyone thought he was going to do something devious but I knew him better than that. "We are gathered here today to pay homage to our beloved witches, but one very special witch has been utterly ignored. That seems a little unfair to me." He brought out a small box and offered it to Davina.

"No" She shot back angrily. "I don't want a gift from you." I sighed as Davina went up against him. She was going to make him actually angry. He scowled but gave me a quick glance and regained his composure.

"I understand why you would reject me, given our past. In truth, many of us here today have been wronged in the conflict which my wife's treaty ended. Your friend Josh was involved in a plot to kill me. It would be well within my right to execute him here and now. But, in the spirit of solidarity, and for your favour, Davina, I hereby pardon him. Josh from this day forward, you have nothing to fear from me. Please." He held out the box to her again and this time she accepted it. I walked over to the two and looked at Josh who was grinning in relief.

"Open it then!" I told her.

"What is it?" Josh asked looking at it excitedly.

"It's the spell that makes daylight rings" She said stunned.

"Well that makes my gift look like sod all." I said pouting disappointedly as I handed her a bag. "I just got you a pretty dress."

All of a sudden, a large group of men marched into the party with even bigger drums. They lined up in formation and started to bang the drums uniformly. I walked over to Elijah looking in confusion, he hadn't told me about this.

"Where did you manage to find these lot?" I asked him.

"I thought this was your doing." He said looking back at me equally confused. I looked around for Klaus and stormed over to him with Elijah behind me in tow.

"What the bloody hell are you playing at?" I snapped.

"This has nothing to do with me" He said also looking unaware, I turned to Hayley and she shrugged. Someone was playing a sick joke.

"Happy Fête des Bénêdictions. We have a message for all of you from Marcel Gerard." The lead drummer said.

"If Elijah weren't here, I would have a ton of colourful words to use right now." I murmured angrily. All the drummers whipped out a razor in unison and slit their wrist open, the blood spilling heavily from their hands. "The colourful words just keep coming."

"What do we do?" Hayley said starting to panic.

"Control yourselves!" I yelled at the crowd. I could tell the vampires were starting to get antsy at the smell of blood and the humans and the witches looked scared for their lives as they did. "This is just an abhorrent trick. Do yourselves a favour and do not violate the terms of the agreement"

Suddenly the lights went out and the vampires descended upon the drummers and the other humans and witches at the party. Somehow, I was knocked off my feet, my head bleeding upon impact of the floor.

"FIORE" I heard Klaus call out to me hazily.

"Nik?" I asked dizzily.

"It's okay Blossom. It's alright" He said as he picked me up in his arms. "I've got you, I've got you." As he walked out of the party I saw on the wall someone had written a message for us in blood.

"There will be no peace."

A/N: Aww Klaus to the rescue! He's doing the right thing guys! Woop! Woop! Woop!

Vote, comment and follow me! Hope you enjoyed!