Chapter 35: Elegance

A/N: Day 2 baby! Woo!

I stood inside the room where Genevieve was keeping Nik. He was sitting upright, somewhat comfortably I might add. He wasn't being restrained like I had assumed he was yet he hadn't come to get me. She took off his shirt and smiled a broad smile.

"Why are you doing that?" He asked he suspiciously.

"Just to air out your wound." She said with a shrug. She ran her finger up and down his scar and kissed his forehead. "Such a poor little thing, all alone in this world. Everyone plotting against you."

"I have Fiore" He told her, making me smile.

"But even she hurt you" She said stroking his hair. "She left you for an entire century, then she was with two other people in the meantime. Then she was taken away by her father and tortured you because you made a mistake, like she had made before. And then she killed your child. Doesn't sound like a very good wife to me."

"What is that music?" Nik said dodging her comments exactly like she wanted him to.

"Your sister's tryst with Marcel was only the beginning. You see, the burden of your condemnation was too great, and as a result your deepest fear came to pass—that their love for each other would overshadow their love for you and turn it into hate." She continued on. "Nik, they conspired to rid themselves of you for good."

"Show me then." He said desperately.

"I've run out of Rebekah's blood" She said shrugging her shoulders. "I have an enchantment that I can use, but I don't know how much you'd like it."

"What is it?"

"You'd have to kiss me" She said abruptly.

"I'll do it then." He said still desperate to find out the truth and causing a pang in my heart.

"No, your wife would kill me if she ever found out" She said shaking her head.

"Then she won't find out" I felt my heart shatter as he said those words.

"Promise?"

"Promise" She bent down and kissed and suddenly we were transported into Rebekah's memories again.

~Rebekah POV~

Clara, Rebekah and Genevieve walked through a jazz club and sat down at a table together, ready for their long awaited night out on the town. Clara and Rebekah were full of glee but Genevieve was still behaving somewhat coy.

"Okay, the next round is on me." Clara said standing up to go to the bar.

"Clara Summerlin" Genevieve said shaking her head. "No way, I'll be soused!"

"Get it while you can" Rebekah told her. "This is the last real gin in the city" Clara left for the bar and Genevieve started up again.

"You're nothing like I thought you'd be when I first met you. I was brought up to think your kind were, well..."

"An abomination of nature?" Rebekah finished for her.

"You're anything but!" She said in surprise. "Not just you, you're entre family is so... elegant. Well most of them anyway."

"Whatever are you referring to? I know Elijah is quite peerless as is Fiore so I suppose you think Klaus is the not so elegant one" Rebekah said with a slight chuckle.

"Actually no" Genevieve replied with a curt smile. "I mean Elijah's nice and all but Fiore is just an abysmal person. Besides, if I had to go for one Mikaelson boy..."

"Klaus?" Rebekah asked in shock. "Who'd have thought a saintly little witch like you would go for the bad boys?"

"He's just so, I don't know" She said blushing.

"Yes, but you know should Fiore find out, she will have your head on a stick in seconds" Rebekah warned. "Besides, you don't want someone like Nik, those two balance each other out. You upset the scale and you unleash hell" Rebekah said as she looked at her brother kiss Fiore at a table of their own.

"I know; I know" Genevieve said in resignation.

"A forbidden love" Rebekah giggled. "I knew we were destined to be friends. Lucky for you, there's a load of Mikaelsons! If you like bad boys, you should meet my brother Kol. Even he tried for the heart of Fiore"

"And where is this mystery brother of yours?" Genevieve asked intrigued.

"It's a tad bit complicated" Rebekah said with a sigh. "Like all siblings, we've had our ups and downs. Family feuds. In fact, I was thinking of reaching out to someone we haven't seen in a very long while. I was hoping that maybe you could help me contact them. But it would have to be a surprise. No one could know."

"Of course" Genevieve said taking Rebekah's hand with a smile. "You want me to find your brother, Kol?"

"Actually, I'd like you to find Mikael... our father."

A/N: KLAUS WYD? PLZ DON'T KISS GENEVEVE WHEN YOU ALREADY IN TROUBLE WITH YOUR WIFE!!!! I don't know why I bother, these two are just destined to be messy af!

Leave a comment telling me what you think and telling Klaus to S T O P!!!!!!!1!!1!1! Alao please vote and follow me as well as spread the joyous new of the Enigma!

Hope you enjoyed, love you as always! X