Chapter 53: Allies

~Cami POV~

Marcel and Cami returned to her apartment drunkenly stumbling around, laughing in hysterics after their night at the bar.

"Ow!" Cami cried out as she tripped on the doorway. "Oh! Oh, oh, oh" She started to sing.

"You okay?" Marcel asked her laughing.

"Yeah. Just some bruises. I'm still bruised" Cami said giggling as Marcel picked her up. "Oh! 'Bruise' is such a funny word. It sounds like booze. Do we have any more booze?"

"I think we drank it all" Marcel said still laughing as he put her down in her room.

"Poop" She said pouting. "You're a good friend to me Marcel." Cami said stroking his cheek and making him smile.

"You should lie down." He told her but she shook her head and cupped his face in her hands, staring into his brown eyes.

"I'm so tired of being all alone."

"Me too" He said staring back at her. She pulled his face closer to hers and started kissing him. He began to unbutton her shirt and she pulled his over her shirt. He pushed her onto the bed and Cami knew what was about to happen was wrong but she didn't care. Until it was over and too late.

"Not that that wasn't totally worth it, but it can never happen again." Cami said watching Marcel as he got dressed.

"What if one of us craves another julep?" He said grinning at her seductively but she looked away.

"Fiore trusts me, even if she does hate me right now and you're the one person she probably hates more than me." She told him. "She'd see it as a betrayal. That wouldn't be good for either of us. You taught me that much" Marcel nodded knowingly until he caught a glimpse of the dream catcher that was on her desk.

"Where'd you get this?" He asked her with concern.

"I don't know, that's not mine. I think it's hers actually" She said looking at the strange object.

"Let's hope so" he said taking it with him as he walked out.

"Oh and Marcel." She said with a wide grin. "It really really really was completely worth it."

~Fiore POV~

At the end of the party Elijah walked up to me angrily, standing over me like a looming dread. He was pissed that I'd taken over from him.

"How could you do such a thing?" He said angrily.

"Easy" I said with a sigh. "No one is ever going to accept the rule of an Original Vampire Elijah; they all want to be first place in the world. You put me in charge, then they think they're as important as everyone else is." He paused a glare still implanted on his face until he eventually came to grips with the fact that I was right. He sighed and his face relaxed, typical Elijah.

"Fine" he said, sitting down beside me. "Why in such a public manner?"

"Because a leader is one that defends their people against all odds. They needed to think I would do that." I answered with a satisfied shrug.

"You say think; do you have an agenda of your own?" He said furrowing his brows.

"Behind every great man, there had to be a great woman. For so long, I sat behind the scenes, not anymore. Now this woman will be your figurehead, and you shall be the one behind me. Of course, there are some things I will take charge over, such as anything to do with a certain redheaded demon, but more than not, you are in charge. For instance, you can do anything you want with your little treaty. I don't want to run a town full of crazed misfits Elijah. I'm tired of surrounding myself with people ruined by my family." I said as I stood up and began to leave him.