The Painting

---Cross POV----

I watched Nightmare creep towards the door that the figure had disappeared through. I couldn't see them anymore. They had probably ran off to somewhere else in the mansion.

I stood up, causing the others to turn to me, I ignored them and walked over to the stairs, slowly walking up them, the sound of my shoes hitting the black marble echoed through the room.

I reached the top and stood next to Nightmare, ignoring his questioning glance. "Can I search with you?" I mumbled, looking at the floor.

He sighed. "Fine." I looked up happily, flashing a smile at him. He rolled his eye and turned and looked down at the others.

"I want this whole place searched! There's someone in here who shouldn't be. None of you are excluded, except for Error and Lust."

The others groaned, pushing themselves to their feet.

"Dust, Killer, Horror. You three search downstairs, me and Cross will check up here."

They nodded reluctantly and Horror shifted Lust off his lap, making sure not to hurt the smaller skeleton. They walked off into another room and Killers voice could be heard fading off.

"Wow this place is so big, like I'm serious have you ever seen such a big house...?"

I looked over the landing, down at Error and Lust, who were currently both curled up on separate sofas, trying to fall asleep.

I let out a yelp as I was pulled away by Nightmares tentacles. "C'mon we've got work to do." He muttered. I nodded hurrying after him, the tentacle still firmly wrapped round my wrist.

"N-nightmare." I stuttered. He turned to look at me. "What?"

"Umm can you, l-let go of my wrist?"

He turned and smirked walking over to me, I took a few steps back, freezing as I felt my back hit the wall. "Now why would I want to do that~?" He whispered in my ear, causing my face to explode with purple blush.

"W-what are you doing?" I squeaked.

"Asking you a question."

I couldn't manage to get any words out of my mouth. Just stuttering nonsense.

Nightmare tilted his head to the side questioningly. "I'm sorry I'm not sure I understood that Cross." He whispered.

"Umm...I- I um...You- I um.." It was like I had forgotten how to talk.

He smirked and pushed off the wall, releasing me, humming a made up tune like nothing had just happened. I collapsed against the wall my face the colour of Lusts clothes. Literally.

Nightmare turned round, smirking at my reaction. "You coming or what?" I didn't trust myself to talk, but pushed myself up onto my feet and obediently scurried after him.

He walked into a room, it had a large dusty double bed in it, and a rotting chest of draws. Other than that it seemed empty.

I peered under the bed as Nightmare checked behind the chest. Nothing.

We went through several rooms, finding nothing. It was rather boring, and it didn't help that I was still flustered from earlier.