Trap

🔥🔥I've changed the name of the book and the cover because someone I hate found my story when he stole my phone so I've had to take action🔥🔥

---Cross' POV----

We were all frozen as the man pointed the gun at me and pulled the trigger.

I was rooted to the spot.

This isn't fair! How'd they know that we were coming back. They can't have been waiting for us since we left! Could they?

Well if my time is up then at least the others might have the time to escape.

My thoughts were shattered as someone rammed into my side, knocking me to the floor. The bullet missing me by a hairs width.
(People thought Cross was gonna die....NEVER!)

I gasped and looked up to see Nightmare stood in front of me, growling, his tentacles raised threateningly.

"There he is." The mysterious man whispered. He seemed to be in awe.

"THIS, LADY'S AND GENTLEMEN." He cried dramatically, pointing at Nightmare. "THIS IS THE ONE WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR! THE BEAST FROM THE SHADOWS!"

I scrambled to my feet, clutching Nightmare's arm. Error and the others quickly joined us.

"HOW'D YOU KNOW WE WERE COMING?" Error yelled.

The man grinned. "Oh it was simple really." He said whilst slowly reloading his gun.

"All we had to do was use the tracker embedded into your friend over there." He said, indicting to....me.

"It was child's play from there."

I felt my soul drop. No. It can't have been my fault. They can't have been tracking me. No!

Nightmare growled, but to my surprise he stepped completely in front of me as the man finished reloading.

"That doesn't really change anything." Nightmare growled.

"Wow. Your the stubborn type. Kind of what I was expecting to be honest." He raised the gun up towards Nightmare. "Shame we're going to have to kill you though."

"DON'T SHOOT THEM!" A voice rang out.

We all froze. Who was that?

Our question was answered when the Chief stepped out. "We imprison not kill. We're police not assassins." He said defiantly. "Stop this now!"

"Of course. My bad." The man said, bowing in front of the Chief before spinning round and punching him in the ribs.

He fell to the ground with a cry of pain, collapsing to the floor, clutching his chest.

"Your not in charge any more Ink. The professionals are taking over."

He smiled and pointed the gun down to the chiefs collapsed form, releasing the safety catch.
"I really didn't want to do this Ink. But you leave me no choice."

He went to pull the trigger, but never got that far.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HIM!"

He was stopped by Error socking him in the face and tackling him to the ground.

"WHATS HE DOING?!?" Killed yelled.

"RUN!!!" Error screamed, grabbing the body of the Chief and disappearing.

We didn't need to be told twice, we turned to run only to be met with a wall of special services officers, all holding guns, all aimed at us.