[14] Meet the Band E

Mia's POV:

Spending those three weeks with my family was great. I watched the twins get bigger and bigger each day and I worked on some songs. Demi and I flew out to LA last night and today I'm going to be picking my band. Simon, LA, Sara and I will be picking but I have the final say. Sara picked Demi and I up last night from the airport so I got to meet her. From the few hours we spent together I can tell she's cool.

Demi wants to come clean about hitting me on Ellen when she goes tomorrow. I told her its up to her, she's also performing so I need to go with her anyway. This will be the first time I perform with her and the band so I'm a bit nervous for it. Speaking of Demi, she is out with Marissa today having a girl's day.

Simon sent a car to get me to bring me to where auditions will be. Today will be a long day because we are auditioning people for bass, second guitar, and drums. I'm letting Simon and LA handle getting me backup singers, but I don't think I need any.

The car pulled into an arena. By arena I mean the Staples Center. Simon rented the Staples Center for the day. Jesus he has money to blow. I got out of the car and took my guitar and backpack with me. I was lead threw some hallways and then into the center of the arena. I looked around in awe.

"Good to see you again Mia." I heard behind me. I turn around and see LA is standing there sipping his Starbucks.

"Same, I can't believe you guys rented out the staples center for this." I said looking around again.

"Well we wanted to see your reaction. How about you get up on stage and sing us the single. It's done right." LA asked.

"Yea I finished before I left for Christmas. Is there and amp up there ready to use?" I asked.

"There should be if there isn't let me know." LA said and walked to the table set up in front of the stage.

I make my way up to the stage and get myself ready. Guitar out tuned and warmed up. I looked out to the table and saw Simon is sitting next to La and Sara.

"Did you want to hear it with the track playing in the background?" I asked.

"Nope just you and the guitar." Simon said.

I nodded and smiled. I started to play, imagining their people out in the seats. I sang like my lift depended on it and I had so much fun. When I finished and looked at the table Simon, LA, and Sara are all standing and smiling. They all cheer and clapped for me.

"That was great Mia. Now come down here so we can start the auditions. We are starting with second guitar." Simon said.

I got my stuff together and sat at the table. Sara handed me a packet full of names. I flipped to second guitar names and looked through them. There are two pages full. This is going to take forever.

We get through the first page and nobody interest me. There is a good mix of men and woman auditioning and I really like that. Simon just kicked a guy off stage. He didn't even know how to play guitar. I call next and cross another name off the paper.

"Hi my name is Taylor Sanchez." The girl said. I looked up and saw her. She has long pin straight black hair and is wearing a black leather jacket. Well that's a good start. She plugs in her guitar and gets herself ready.

"Is there anything specific you want me to play?" She asked.

"No just impress me." I said looking into her black eyes. She smiles and nodded her head.

She pulls a little bit on her lip ring and starts to play. At first I can't tell what she is playing but then I recognize it. If You Can't Live Without Me, Why Aren't You Dead Yet by Mayday Parade, but she puts her own twist to it. But what's even better is that she can sing. I like it, I like her, a lot. When the song is over I don't even want to see the rest of the people on the list. I stood up from my seat.

"Welcome to the band." I said.

Taylor gives me a huge smile. I walk up on stage and introduce myself. Simon, LA, and Sara do the same.

"You should stick around, if you don't have anything better to do." I said

"Sure." Taylor said and put her guitar away.

Simon tells someone to dismiss the rest of the guitarist and we set up for the bass players. The list is a lot smaller, only one page. Taylor and myself chat a lot during the auditions. Like last time it took a while, literally. Nobody stood out and we only had one person left. LA called next and a guy came out.

He has blonde hair that is spiked up and has grey blue eyes. He gets ready.

"My name is Mark Reynolds" He said and started to play. He plays Have Faith in Me by A Day to Remember. When he is done I could tell he loses himself in the music. That's someone I want in my band.

"He's really good." Taylor says in my ear.

"Welcome to the band Mark." I said getting up from my chair.

He flashes a smile and shakes my hand. After the introductions are made Mark takes a seat next to Taylor behind me. Now onto the drums. I was surprised when I looked at the sheet. Only one girl and she was the last one. A lot of the drummers where really good but I didn't give anybody the job yet. LA and Simon were getting annoyed when I let all of them go. But there was something calling me to the girl at the bottom of the list.

Finally it's her turn. She better be good or I'm in deep shit. Simon and LA are annoyed and so are Mark and Taylor. Sara hasn't said anything yet. The girl takes the stage and gets behind the kit.

"Hi my name's Hanna York." She said. Hanna is wearing a cut off tank top. It's a one of Krewella's t-shirts, Fuck Sleeves. Hanna also has a good amount of tattoos, but the funniest thing is she has platinum blonde hair and blue eyes. If she covered her arms Hanna would look like a Barbie.

The best thing that happened though she that she started to play. Hanna rocked out to The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin. I'm so happy I waited. When she was done I looked at the rest of my team.

"I knew I had a good feeling about her." I said out loud. "Hanna, these guys wanted me to hire someone else. We heard a lot of great drummers and I had a feeling in my gut not to hire them. You're that feeling Hanna, welcome to the band." I said and went up to the stage.

Hanna gave me a smile and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back introduced her to everybody.

Everybody else still waiting was sent home. After everything was settled we decided to go out to dinner together so we could get to know each other. The first thing I told them was about me playing for Demi and everything with Demi. They took it okay and after that the night was about getting to know them.

The night was great and I had a lot of fun. I can't wait till I get to tour with them. The last thing on my mind was what Simon told me before he left the arena. He told me I could make us a band or just my name. I don't really know what I'm going to do yet. I want Demi's opinion on it because I need some help with the decision. After that decision was made I had another one to make. If I wanted to leave my name alone or if I want to have a stage name.

So many decisions to make so little time. Simon wants answers before we leave for tour and I don't know if I'll have them for him.

A/N: Song on the side is The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin, Hanna's audition song. In Chirstmas is Taylor's and in Christmas 2 is Mark's.