[58] LA Pride E

Demi's POV:

Mia's tour has been going great but I couldn't go out and see her. I have been busy here getting things together for the LA Pride and NYC Pride. I've told Mia that I'm filming my Really Don't Care video at LA Pride. I'm really excited because I think I'm finally ready to come out to the public and my fans.

Mia is coming home on Wednesday and I can't wait to see her. I have missed her so much it hurts. I never really thought she would have that kind of hold on me but she does. I've been trying to keep myself busy so I don't think about her that much, or go hang out with friends, or have Marissa sleep over, like she did last night.

It's about 10ish in the morning and I'm making breakfast. Yes I know I suck at cooking but I want to do something nice for Ris because of all the stuff she has been doing for me. So I started to make some pancakes. When I make them they don't usually turn out that bad. I put the batter onto the pan and watched the pancake cook. Once it was done I put more batter onto the pan and turned down the heat a bit.

While that one cooks I'm going to wake her up. I walked into my room and found her still sleeping in bed. I shook her shoulder and she groaned.

"Go away Demi." She said and rolled over.

"Come on Ris wake up, I'm making breakfast." I said and hit her shoulder again.

"Are you making coffee?" She asked.

"I will if you want it." I said.

"Fine" Marissa said and sat up. She rolled her neck and looked at me. She rubbed her eyes and looked at me funny.

"Is something burning?" She asked. Then I smelled it.

"SHIT!" I said and jumped off the bed running to the kitchen.

When I got there smoke filled the room. I coughed and turned off the burner. The fire alarm went off and I was still coughing.

"Open a window!" I yelled.

"Where's the window!" Marissa yelled. Yea it was that smokey in here.

"I got it" I said and went over to the window.

I got it open and then grabbed two dishtowels from the draw. I handed one to Marissa and started to fan the smoke out.

"How do you turn off the alarm?" She asked.

"I don't remember! It's been a while since I set it off!" I almost yelled over the alarm.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!"

I don't think I have ever turned my head faster. I dropped the towel in my hands and ran toward my girlfriend. I threw my arms around her and I felt her do the same. Finally the alarm turned off and I could hear myself crying. I pulled away from her and saw her smiling.

"I thought you weren't coming home till Wednesday?" I asked.

"I lied" Mia said and smiled.

I sighed and put my forehead up against hers. Mia put her arms around my waist and pulled me closer to her.

"I'm so happy your home." I said. I didn't get an answer. What I got was way better. Mia pressed her soft lips to mine. I didn't realize how much I truly missed her until this moment.

After it pasted she pulled away from me. I opened my eyes and looked at her.

"Did you try and cook again?" Mia asked.

"Yea, I went to wake up Marissa and forgot about the pancakes on the stove." I said. Mia smiled and kissed my cheek before pulling away from me completely.