[44] New York City E

Mia's POV:

Demi has been distant for the past few days because she doesn't want me to get sick. But I could really care less, I'm her girlfriend and I'm supposed to be taking care of her when she's sick, but Demi won't let me, so I'm kind of annoyed at her.

When I went out to lunch with Mom the other two girls stopped us, well me. They said they saw my set at Demi's show the other day and wanted a picture with me. I was really excited. They asked me about the mystery girl and I couldn't tell them who it was because Demi isn't out yet, but I did tell them that she said yes. I also signed their phone cases and went back to lunch with mom.

We are finally in New York, well Long Island to be more specific. Mom is taking me to the city today to show me around. We got up early and got off the bus. By early I mean 6am. We are parked at the arena now and it's actually nice out but its cold. Well not to mom, she's wearing a short sleeve shirt and jeans, while I'm in her FDNY sweatshirt, jeans and my diamond hat.

Mom got into the drivers seat and I got into the passenger seat. She turned around and looked at me.

"Ready to see my home?" Mom asked.

"Yea" I said getting excited. Mom never really talked about where she's from. I thought she was originally from Dallas but I'm wrong. Mom started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Right here is where I started college Nassau Community College. Then I went to Hofstra, which is down the road the other way and after that I finished at Columbia which is in the city." Mom said as we made a right turn and got onto the parkway.

"It should take an half hour to get to the city so you can relax." Mom said.

I just looked out the window and watched the scenery change. There wasn't any traffic, well not till we actually got into the city. Even at 6 in the morning there is still traffic. I just looked out the window the whole time taking everything in. This is my first time to NYC and it's really pretty so far. All of the skyscrapers are amazing.

Mom pulled up in front of a firehouse and parked the car. She killed the engine and got out. I followed her and she smiled.

"It's been years since I've been back here, come on." She said. I followed behind her as she pounded on the door.

"Mom what are you doing?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. They should be on a shift change which should mean someone will walk out of the door in about 5 seconds." Mom said and stepped back from the door.

Right on cue the door opened and a tired looking man steps out. He is at lest 6 foot tall.

"Danny!" Mom said and the guy looked at her. When he realized it was mom his eyes widen.

"Brooklyn!" He said and picked her up and spun her around.

"It's so good to see you again!" Danny said when he let go of mom.

"Are the rest of the guys still here?" She asked.

"Yea come on you can catch them before they leave." Danny said.

"Wait a second! Danny this is my daughter Mia." Mom said and grabbed me.

"You have a kid?" Danny asked.

"Three actually, Mia is the oldest." Mom said.

"Well it's nice to meet you Mia, come on."

Danny opened the door and I followed mom inside. Mom had a huge smile on her face. Danny took us upstairs to where everyone was sleeping and Mom woke everyone up. When they all saw her it was like a giant dog pile and I got it all on video. The day pasted slowly as Mom introduced me to all of her old friends. They all ragged on her about having kids and I don't know why. Then they found out she's married. Mom won't show them a picture of Melissa so I did and they all got a kick out of her saying how hot she is.