[48] Long Island E

Mia's POV

The rest of the day went smoothly. Grandpa and I hung out for most of it. Mom and Susan talked threw there issues in one of the dressing rooms. Grandpa told me a lot about mom and her sisters when they were kids. Mom was very into sports as a kid, she mainly played softball. Karina and Isabella where more into shopping then sports. Mom is defiantly a daddy's girl.

Before I started talking with Grandpa I checked on Demi, but she was already asleep, so I told Marissa to call me if Demi needs anything. Grandpa wanted to hear me sing so I played Ocean Avenue for him. He said he really like it. I even tried to teach him how to play it on guitar, but we just laughed mostly about how he couldn't get the strings right.

I changed into my outfit for the show and got ready with the band. I saw mom standing with Grandpa and Susan before I got on stage. I'm just happy that they all can see the show. When I saw Demi before the show her voice was really scratchy. I gave her a good luck kiss and we said a prayer and headed out onto the stage.

The show is going great so far. Demi couldn't hit the high notes as much but the crowd was screaming the lyrics back to her and it was amazing. Made in the USA just ended and I got on the bench of the piano. Demi didn't tell me why she wanted me to play piano tonight but it doesn't matter, I'll do anything for her.

She looked at me and let out a shaky breath before wiping what looks like a tear from her eye.

"On my third day here for the auditions, I checked my phone as I was leaving and I got some really, really bad news. I found out that my... my father pasted away. And this song I'm about to sing took on a completely different meaning. So I want to sing it tonight to create positive memories." Demi turned and looked at me.

I took that as my cue and I started to play the opening notes to Nightingale. Demi held herself together threw the song and I thought that she was going to breakdown, but she didn't. When the song was over she got some water and I got up from the piano. She came over and went to sit down, but before she did she gave me a hug.

"Thank you for being here tonight. You don't know how much that helped me to have you up here." She said.

"You're welcome, I'll give you a real kiss after the show but for now this will have to do." I said and kissed her check.

Demi flashed me a smile and I went to get my guitar. I got myself set up and waited for Demi to be ready. Since she is singing Warrior I didn't need to play so I just listen to her. This is probably my favorite part of her whole set, when she talks to her fans. It's usually different every night but also the same in a way.

After her speech she went into singing Warrior. When Warrior was over she sang Let It Go and then Don't Forget. Don't Forget has to be my favorite song because of the video in the background. The video is basically like a recap of her life so far, starting from her Camp Rock days and scenes from Barney to other music videos, and then it went to different news stories about her entering treatment.

The rest of the show was great. This show has been one of my favorites of the tour so far along with the show in Pennsylvania. I don't think any show will compare to that show.

When the curtain came down at the end of the show we made our way off stage. After handing my guitar off to a stagehand Demi was waiting for me. She pulled me into a kiss and I pulled away when I couldn't breath anymore.

"You did great tonight, I'm so proud of you." I said.

"Thank you, I'll see you on the bus." She said and kissed my cheek before walking off to her dressing room.

I turned around and made my way to my family, they were waiting for me right off the side of the stage.

"THAT WAS AMAZING!" Grandpa shouted. I laughed and gave him a hug. Mom was next and I just looked at Susan.

"You did great tonight Mia." Mom said in my ear.

"Thanks." I said looking at her.

"So what are the plans for the rest of the night?" Grandpa asked.

"Well I have to get on the bus which will leave in a little bit, and we are dropping mom off at the airport." I said.

"You're leaving already?" Susan asked.

"Yea I've been here for almost a week now. Even though I love watching Mia on stage I miss my wife and my babies." Mom said and smiled.

"Oh" Was all Susan said the rest of the night.

I managed to get another hour with Grandpa before we had to leave. It was hard to say bye to him even though I only knew the man for two days. Susan just said bye to Mom and I, but that was more then enough. After everyone and everything was on the bus we shipped out.

We drove to the airport in silence. Demi was already in the back in her bed most likely asleep while I sat up front with Mom. We didn't say anything to each other, she just played with my hair as I laid on her lap.

When we got to the airport I just got off with mom. I helped her get her bags and we walked all the way to security together. When we got there I put her stuff down.

"Give mom and hug for me." I said and pulled her into a hug.

"I will. I love you Mia. I'll see you soon." Mom said.

"I love you too Mom." I said when I pulled away. Mom smiled and kissed my head again before picking up her bags and walking away.

I walked back to the bus without looking back. I knew if I did I would start crying. I didn't want to do that, not in public. I got back onto the bus and went right for Demi's bed. I snuck into her room and got into bed with her. To my surprise she wasn't asleep yet.

She put her arms around me and I cried a bit. I hate having to leave mom but at least the tour is almost over. I ended up telling Demi all about what has been going on with Mom's family. Demi just listened and gave some advice about how to handle different things.

Long Island had its ups and down but I wouldn't have change it for the world. I met my grandpa and the she witch who kicked my mom out, discovered the bagels and pizza here are the best in the world, and I got to go see New York City, something I never thought I would ever do. I can't wait to come back.

A/N: The video is on the side for the nightingale speech she made.