[24] Hurt E

Mia's POV:

It took an hour and a lot of promising to get Taylor out of the bathroom. I told Mark and Hanna to leave us because they don't know about how bad Taylor really struggles with her anorexia. Finally when she came out of the bathroom I pulled her into my arms. I knew I missed sound check and Demi is going to be mad but I couldn't just leave Taylor here like this. After Taylor calmed down enough I asked her what's wrong. She told me it wasn't because she didn't want to eat. It was because she saw one of her foster dads that abused her. I just held onto her while she cried. She is so fragile and yet so strong at the same time.

After a while she fell asleep in my arms, both of us still on the floor right outside the bathroom of the bus. I closed my eyes and hit my head against the wall. Why her? Why this beautiful girl in my arms? I wouldn't wish a childhood of abuse onto anyone. Yet here she is, still breathing and living her life.

I wish I didn't have to leave her after the show in Anaheim in two days. I wish she could come with me across the country with Demi, but I know she can't. But I do know that I will see her again in Pennsylvania. I felt tears coming to my eyes at the thought of her being back in LA alone. She wouldn't eat when I'm gone I know that. I need to do something to make sure she eats.

I don't know how much time has past but I do know I have been crying for a while. The door to the bus opened and I hear someone get on. They didn't say anything and I kept my eyes closed. I heard footsteps get closer.

"Mia?" It's Demi. I open my eyes and look at her. Her eyes look like she wants to be angry but she isn't.

"What happened? Are you okay? What about Taylor?" She asked. I looked down at my lap and saw Taylor is still asleep.

Wordlessly I picked Taylor up in my arms and put her in my bunk. I kissed her head and close the curtain and meet Demi in the front of the bus. I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands. I can't get the tears to stop and I don't even know why they are coming in the first place.

"Mia please talk to me." Demi said. I couldn't get my mouth to move. The only thing that came out are sobs. Demi wraps me in her arms and pulls me into her.

I don't know how long we are this I finally get a grip on my emotions and stop crying. I wiped my face and pulled myself away from Demi.

"Tell me what's going on Mia." She said. She looks worried. I don't want to tell her though. I wouldn't want someone else telling my secrets.

"You can trust me Mia, you know that." Demi said and rubbed my arm. I broke. I told her everything. My feelings about Taylor, the meaning behind Fall For You, asking Taylor out, about her anorexia, why she ran into the bathroom and all my emotions about it. Demi just listened to me while I vented everything out.

"She will be okay, you know how I know that?" She finally spoke. I shook my head.

"Taylor will be okay because of you. You are going to be there to help her recover. I know you won't rest until she is healthy. Even though she can't come on tour with us when you get back to LA I know a way for you to tell if she is eating or not. You might not like it it's better then nothing." I didn't say anything so Demi continued.

"Weigh her. Simple. I have something I need to ask you about though." Demi said. Demi picked up her phone and texted someone really quick and put her phone back down.

"What did you need to ask?" I said.

"McKayla knows about Ocean Avenue." Demi said.

McKayla? My McKayla? My first girlfriend McKayla? She's here. I tried to think about what she went to college for but I can up with nothing.