4~ Smooth Criminal

Rule 4: Never let your guard down

I wasn't going to lie, Dalton Academy was HUGE. As if navigating my way with Blaine wasn't hard enough, I had a hell of a time finding the practice room. But when I did... I found just the Lurch I wanted to see, with his posey behind him.

"Hey Andrew McCarthy!" I called. He looked my way, hair slicked back too firm and that annoying smolder in his eyes.

"Don't know if you know but our mutual buddy Blaine may lose an eye," I said as I strutted over in my boots, "The same Blaine who was besties with most of you, not four months ago," Sebastian crossed his arms and tilted his head at me. Instead of him speaking up though, one of his friends did. 

"Wait, are you serious? Is he going to be okay?" he asked.

"Sure, if he doesn't mind seeing in three dimensions," I replied.

"Trent, I got this," Sebastian hissed to the younger boy. "Bummer about Blaine, he was pretty. He shouldn't have got in the way though that slushie was meant for Kurt," he said to me.

"Yeah, we all kind of got that, how Blaine leaped from the ground and shielded his beloved lover from your poison slushy," I said.

"Who said the slushy was poisoned? Maybe Blaine's just allergic to food colouring," he replied. I scoffed back.

"You know, you may look like the villain out of a cheesy 80s highschool movie, but you should know that I am fully prepared to go all Beatrix Kiddo on your ass," I snapped at him. He just smirked.

"You know you're kind of hot when you're angry," he sighed. What? Never mind, he was playing mind games with me.

"Well in that case, I'm going to get pretty damn adorable," I snapped back, "Admit you put something in that slushie. What was it huh? Rocks? Glass?" 

"Red dye number six," he replied smugly.

"You're full of crap," I said. He looked at his team surprised.

"She quesitoned my honour," he said.

"That's not the only thing I'm going to be questioning when I'm done with you, Lurch." I said. He scoffed.

"Lurch, I never heard that before. Clever," he was dragging this out, stalling. Was he afraid? "I demand satisfaction in Warbler tradition," he said.

"Enlighten me," I said.

"He wants a duel." Trent said. A duel? What was this? The Princess Bride?

"Really? Well as long as you do't want to rape me let's do it," I turned around to face the cello boys who were packing up. "Cello guys, can you stick around for a minute? I'm gonna need you for this one." I said to them.

"Everyone else clear out, I don't want you to see me make a girl cry," Sebastian said. I turned back to him and crossed my arms.

"Let's just keep this on point, darlin'." I said, then sat down in one of the chairs, and gave him my best 'show me what you got' look. 

"[Sebastian:]

Uh, as he came into the window
It was the sound of a crescendo, uh!
He came into her apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet, uh!
She ran underneath the table
He could see she was unable
So she ran into the bedroom
She was struck down
It was her doom
Annie are you OK?

[Reese:]
So, Annie are you OK?

[Sebastian:]
Are you OK, Annie?

[Reese:]
Annie are you OK?

[Sebastian:]
So, Annie are you OK?

[Reese:]
Are you OK, Annie?

[Sebastian:]
Annie are you OK?

[Reese:]
So, Annie are you OK?

[Sebastian:]
Are you OK, Annie?

[Reese:]
Annie are you OK?

[Sebastian:]
So, Annie are you OK?

[both:]

Are you OK, Annie?

[Sebastian:]

You've been hit by

[Reese:]

You've been struck by

(cello solo)

Reese
I don't know!

(Annie are you OK, Will you tell us, that you're OK)
I don't know!
(There's a sign in the window)
I don't know!
(That he struck you - A crescendo Annie)
I don't know!
(He came into your apartment)
I don't know!
(Left bloodstains on the carpet)
I don't know why baby!
(Then you ran into the bedroom)
I don't know!
(You were struck down)
(It was your doom - Annie!)
(Annie are you OK?)
Dang, gone it - Baby!
(Will you tell us, that you're OK)
Dang, gone it - Baby!
(There's a sign in the window)
Dang, gone it - baby!
(That he struck you - A crescendo Annie)
Hoo! Hoo!
(He came into your apartment)
Dang, gone it!
(Left bloodstains on the carpet, uh!)
Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!
(Then you ran into the bedroom)
Dang gone it!
(You were struck down)
(It was your doom - Annie!)

[Sebastian:]
You've been hit by

[both:]
You've been struck by

A Smooth Criminal"

It was obvious who won.

"I was better," I beamed. Sebastian just scoffed. 

"You weren't even close," he said and turned away. I followed him, not finished with my business.

"Oh, come on! I was better, now admit it! What did you put in that slushy?" I asked.

"Rock salt, but that's okay," he replied, then reached down behind a chair.

"What do you mean that's okay? I just told you Blaine may loose an eye," I said confused.

"It's okay because I didn't put anything in this one." I saw him pull out a slushie cup, he was going to slushy me. But I, Reese Tiegan Lavek, have never been slushied by anybody. No jocks, no cheerleaders, no nobodies. I always duck. And that's exactly what I did. 

He threw the red ice towards me, but I ducked and grabbed his arm, knocked the cup out of his hand, and pushed him away. But he still had a grip on my arm. I realised how close we were... and apparently... so did he. Why? I'll tell you why.

He kissed me.