18~ Welcome to Dalton Academy... Again

Rule 15: Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer

You know, as I walked into the building, I started to remember the comparison I had made to this place with that famous painting for the nautical staircases. Impossible to navigate and will give me a headache after the fifth turn.

 And I can definetley say that I do NOT fit in there whatsoever. One, because I was wearing a short skirt and all the straight boys were checking me out, and the obvious second fact: I'm a girl. 

I had to say, it was great to see Blaine again, and I did miss him. Him and his funny bow ties.

We descended down a staircase, and came face to face with the one person I was looking forward to see this entire time.

"Oh geez, look at this guy," I smacked Blaine's arm and pointed to a smiling Sebastian Smythe, "Smug of a look as Daffy Duck, with the globs of gel in his hair. I mean look at him, I couldn't get through to him then, and I never will," I said as I hopped down the stairs, two by two of course, until we were inches away from each other. I had my hands placed on my hips firmly with an annoyed look plastered on my face. This was my 'I mean business' look.

"Well Reese, it's a pleasure to see you again too. I missed your looks, can't say I missed your big mouth though," he said. 

"Right back at ya', Lurch." I said with a sweet smile.

"Sebastian. Of course it was you, right?" Blaine asked when he finally made it down the stairs.

"No, it wasn't, I swear. I turned over a new leaf, remember?" he asked.

"Leaves turn too buddy, and they stay exactly where they are until they fall," I said.

"In other words. she means 'yeah, right'," Blaine said as we walked down the hall wit him.

"I'm serious. No more bullying, blackmail or assault this year," Sebastian said.

"Oh, that must be incredibly boring for you," Blaine said.

"Yeah it is, being nice sucks." he replied.

"Yeah, you know what else sucks?" I asked him.

"What?" he asked with his signature dumb smirk. This was the Sebastian I had first met, smug and stupid as ever.

"You. PZZT!"

"Ah, still blowing up raspberries, I see," he said.

"I may've moved away Hairgel, but I haven't changed," I said. He suddenly came to a stop and his small smirk vanished.

"He's waiting for you in the library," that was all Sebastian had to say as we came to a large door. 

"Who?" Blaine asked him.

"The person you came to see," he replied. We were about to go in, but Sebastian grabbed my arm.

"Not you, only him," he said. I shot him an irritated look before turning to Blaine.

"I'll be fine. Behave yourself, alright?" he asked.

"With him? Yeah right," I replied. Blaine shook his head at me with a small smile and disappeared through the doors. I turned to Sebastian.

"Who's he here to see?" I asked him.

"Captain of the Warblers," he replied. Hah?

"I thought you were Captain of the Warblers?" I asked. Sebastian gave up his right as captain to somebody else? This must have a better ego than he does!

"Come on, walk with me, I'll explain everything to you," 

⚥⚥⚥

"So, what's it like in the big city?" he asked. We wandered around the school and outside in the the grassy courtyard, this school was incredible... it was beautiful.

"Oh you know... big...loud...you can't walk two feet without smelling something awful." I replied.

"So... home right?" he asked.

"Yup," I beamed. Sebastian chuckled at me, that was something I missed; him laughing at my purposely stupid comments.

"What do you want to do for university? I mean you are graduating this year and all." I asked him.

"Well actually, for a while now I had my eye on a school in New York too. It's a broadway school, Julliard's Hall of Dramatic Arts," he replied.

"Not NYADA?" I asked.

"Nah, I don't think Hummel would take too kindly to my being there," he replied. I had to snort.

"Yeah, he's not exactly clamouring over to the train station to see you on weekends," I said.

"So it seems," he replied. A silence filled the air, not an awkward one, but not a nice one either. It was somewhere inbetween there.

"Listen-" 

"Hey, uh-" we both did that really annoying thing, you know, where both parties say something at the same time? And then this happens:

"Sorry you first," 

"No you, I insist." yeah... that.

"Just go," I said to him.

"Alright fine, do you still think about that deal we made?" he asked me. I don't think it takes rocket science to understand what he was talking about.

"Yeah, and don't worry, you're secret is still safe," I replied. He let out a sigh of relief, he seriously hadn't told anybody he's bi yet? Man, this guy had a whole lot of growing up to do.

"Good, thank you. I know if Lady Hummel there ever found out about this, I wouldn't see an end to it," he said. I had to laugh, poor Kurt. The guy moved away and Smythe was still takng shots at him.

"No, come on. Kurt's a good guy, he's just a little... stubborn. I guess that's why were such good friends," I replied.

"Right..."

"Now, I want to ask you something, and I want you to be totally honest and look me in the eye when you answer it," I said. Sebastian's faint smile faded as he turned to me.

"What is it?" he asked. I took a breath and stared into his green eyes.

"Promise me, please, that you have nothing to do with this trophy scandal," I said.

"Reese, I told you-"

"Did you take in any part of it?" 

"Why would you ask me that?" he asked.

"Because if you want me to be your friend, I have to be able to trust what comes out of that big mouth of yours," I replied. Sebastian sighed and smiled at me, sympathetic this time, not smug.

"I promise you, from the bottom of my heart, I had nothing to do with the theft of your Nationals trophy," he said. I sighed.

"Then how come I don't believe you?" and with that, I turned on my heel and walked out of the court yard.