22~ Thanksgiving Surprise

A month later, I returned to Ohio for Thanksgiving, along with the rest of the graduates of 2012. Except Kurt and Rachel, however; they wanted to stay in New York and celebrate Thanksgiving there. I didn't mind, as long as I had good friends to celebrate with I couldn't care less. 

We were at Breakstix for dinner, with Puck telling us a funny story of these two girls he met in LA, I didn't get it though, I just laughed because he had no more hair. I mean, Puck with no hair would be like Pee Wee Herman without his clown make-up; you end up doing the double-take and realize that that is something nobody should ever witness.

"But you know seriously, I'd like to make a toast: to almost all of us keeping our promise to come home for Thanksgiving." he said. I knew what he meant by almost.

"Cheers!" we raised our glasses and clinked, nearly spilling over several sodas, and some fruity drink with an umbrella that Santana seemed to be enjoying a little too much.

"Reese, have you heard from Rachel or Kurt?" Santana asked me. I shook my head.

"No, they just... I don't know. They didn't really want to talk about it." I replied. Finn sighed.

"I know Blaine's been texting him but Kurt won't text back." Mike said.

"Well Rachel emailed me, she said she's not really sure what's she's doing for the holidays yet." Quinn said. "I'm sorry about what went down between the two of you." she said to Finn. 

"No, it's cool. It's for the best." Finn replied, I'm pretty sure he was lying, though.

"Well, I think that it's sweet that you and Rachel keep in touch, Quinn." Mercedes said.

"Well, she basically emails me every other week to remind me that I still haven't used the train ticket she gave me." I snickered, that sounded like Rachel, "I'm just -- I'm trying to keep straight A's, and I just got tapped to be in the whole female secret society at Yale." she continued, "Former members: Hilary Clinton, Jennifer Beals."

"You go..." Puck took some of his drink from his straw and put it into hers, "Girl." 

"Well, I for one, would love to talk about everybody who is here." Finn said.

"I want to talk about Sectionals this year, you guys going to go?" Mike asked.

"Yeah."

"Totally."

"You know for all the new kids in the Glee club, I want them to just see how amazing we all were when we in the glee club." he continued. That gave me an idea.

"Hey, I know this is kind of short notice before Sectionals and all but... I got an idea." I said.

⚥⚥⚥

"A reminder that the American Legion Turkey Shoot begins at 6:00 PM, so please drive carefully." the announcer at the competition said. Since when did Ohio have turkey shoots? Wasn't that totally 15... whenever the pilgrims settled here and chased out the indigenous?

"Now, put your hands together for our distinguished panel of judges!" this should be good...

"Lima News Obituary Editor, Stan Cook!" creep.

"Chief Historian of the Locomotive Museum, Harrison Paolucci!" bore.

"And then the 2012 Defiance County Catfish Queen, Alison Metcalf!" bitch.

"You guys ready?" Santana asked.

"Totally, let's show 'em what we got." Mercedes replied.

"But first, we have a special surprise for our competitors. From the 2012 National Championship, put your hands together for the 2012 New Directions!"