33~ Presents & The Train Station

I couldn't wait to get to Ohio...I can't believe I actually said that, but I was looking foreward to seeing my parents, looking foreward to celebrating New Years at the diner, and (of course) seeing Sebastian. Rachel was going on a cruise with her dads for christmas, while Kurt had planned to stay. I think his dad was coming over?

Anyway, I was in my room, finishing up packing, when a knock came to my door.

"It's open!" I shouted. Kurt and Rachel came in, Rachel with a box and Kurt with a small bag.

"Oh I get it, we're exchanging presents now because my train leaves in an hour and Rachel leaves tonight." I giggled and ducked under my bed, then pulled out two other boxes for my friends. We exchanged gifts, then debating on whether to open them now or later.

"Well, it would be nice to see the looks of joy on your faces when you open my gifts." Kurt said, his ego is the size of the Empire State Building.

Rachel and I agreed to open Kurt's gifts first, inside were a mini face mask kit and a charm for a pandora bracelet.

"Aw, Kurt! I love them!" Rachel said and gave them a hug, I followed suite and put a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you ladies, I try." he beamed.

"Okay, now open our presents to you." I said. Rachel handed her present to him first, which was a $100 gift card to the men's section at Macy's, along with his favorite cologne.

"Aw, thank you Rachel." he said and hugged her, I had to laugh. Theatre nerds.

"You're welcome, Reese it's your turn." she said to me. I handed a box to Kurt, he was very surprised by my gift.

"Um...thank you Reese...I'm...flattered?" he pulled out a new bralet from Victoria Secret and a new pair of earrings.

"Oh no, I did it again. Both boxes are labelled correctly, but the wrong gifts are in the boxes. I'm very sorry, Rachel this my present to you. Kurt, this is yours." I groaned and handed my best gay his real present. I did this once before, I gave accidently gave Finn Rachel's present, which was a new, sexy dress that I made for her.

"That seems much better, thank you Reese." Kurt said as he pulled out a colorful Swatch wrist watch.

"You're welcome bud." I replied and hugged him.

"And now to finish it all off, since you already got Reese's present, this is mine to you." Kurt said and handed Rachel a box. Inside was a theatre playbook about Broadway, theatre nerds.

"Thank you so much Kurt! I love it!" she said and hugged him. This was like a hug fest. Oh joy, now it's my turn to recieve something from Rachel.

"And I saved the best for last. Merry Christmas Reese." Rachel handed me a  bag with the sephora logo on it. Inside was the new eyeshadow palette I had been wanting for two months now, and there was an envelope inside. In the envelope was a small card with the words: Just incase you get lucky again...-in her fancy cursive writing, and I found something I hardly expected to see coming from Rachel...and as a christmas gift too!

"Oh my god Rachel." I gave her a look when I saw the condoms in the envelope, and taped to the back of each packet was a morning-after pill. She just burst out laughing.

"What are these?" Kurt asked her. I gave gritted my teeth at her and nodded my head towards him.

"Uh...it's-it's just an inside joke we have." she said. I huffed and mouthed the words 'Thank you!' to her. Rachel just giggled, I couldn't help but join her.

"Thank you darlin'." I replied and hugged her.

-

I hopped off the train in Ohio, to see the entire city covered in beautiful, white snow, it was freezing cold though. I looked at my skateboard that I had clutched firmly in my hand, and shook my head. I planned to skateboard my way to my parent's house. I guess now I'm walking.

Off the platform and into the street, I heard a car honk my way. Sebastian was standing there against a small, grey car parked off to the side of the road wearing his winter coat and waving in my direction, with a big goofy smile on his face.

"Hey you." he said and took my duffel bag.

"Hi, what're you doing here? I didn't order a ride home." I asked him.

"I know, but I'm being a good boyfriend to my girlfriend." he replied. My stomach fluttered when he called me his 'girlfriend'. 

"Aw, aren't you a gentleman." I said and got into the passenger seat. Sebastian threw my bag and skateboard in the back seat and slid in himself.

"Thank you, I try." he replied. "How was the train ride?" he asked as he started driving.

"Like a sardine can, incredibly irritating." I replied.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because I'm squished up between the window and this two-hundred pund fatso, and the buttons on his sleeve made permanent indents in my flesh." I started, which made Sebastian laugh.

"Yeah, so there we are riding ear-to-ear, and then he starts talking to his daughter." I continued. He then stopped laughing and gave me a confused look.

"What's wrong with that?" he asked.

"She wasn't there! And on top of that, the bum behind me had beans for lunch." I replied. His smile turned into a smirk.

"How'd you know that?" he asked, trying to keep back his laughter. I gave him a 'really?' look.

"i could tell by the way he smiled at me darlin'." I sassed.

"Oh, I'm sorry about your awful train ride. You going to ask me about my life back here?" he asked.

"Sure, what's going on with the Warblers?" I asked.

"We were given a dishonorable disqualification and are unable to compete anymore this year or next year." he replied. Ouch, harsh sentence.

"Wow, that's got to suck, but can I be honest with you?" I asked.

"Even if I say no you always are." he replied.

"You had that coming your way with the roids." I said.

"I actually agree with you." he replied. My eyes widened as I looked his way.

"What?" he asked.

"You and I actually agree on something? That should go in Ripley's Believe It-Or-Not museum." I joked.

"Ha, very funny. But you know you are right, we did this to ourselves. Lesson learned: next time, play fair and square, don't listen to captain." he said.

"Ah, I think that cavity in your brain is healing." I replied. He turned his head and gave me a flat look.

"Are you going to insult me the rest of the way?" he asked.

"Maybe." I said and bit my lip.

"That's hot, the way you bite your lip like that." he said.

"Are you trying to make me go red here?" I asked him as I felt my cheeks turn pink.

"Maybe so. It looks wonderful on you." he replied.

"I gotta ask, why did you come to pick me up?" I asked.

"Would you rather I abandoned you to walk in the freezing cold snow all the way to your house?" he asked.

"No, I appreciate this, but...why?" I asked.

"Because one: that's what good boyfriends do. And two: I couldn't wait to see your beautiful face again." he replied.

"Cornball." I giggled, which made him laugh along with me.

"I try." he replied.

"Hey listen, thanks for coming to pick me up. I really like that." I said as we pulled up to my house. Sebastian turned his head and smiled at me.

"Anytime Reese."