34~ One More Time

I was back in the warm atmosphere of my home, with Charlotte in the kitchen baking christmas cookies, and Ryan hanging up Christmas decorations and hurting himself. You know last year, my family spent christmas in the hospital while Ryan was waiting for his broken leg to heal.

I was on the couch and sketching away for my Look Book, when Charlotte came in with white flour on her face and chocolate stains on her green, red, and white apron.

"How's it going sweetie?" she asked.

"I'm glad to be home, it's nice to sit without a siren going off every five minutes." I replied.

"So...tell me about him." she said with a cheeky look on her face.

"...Who?" he asked.

"You know, Sebastian!" she exclaimed.

"Shhhuuush! Ryan could be listening, you never know. But Sebastian is great, he's coming for Christmas dinner...I hope that's okay." I said, now realising that I didn't ask her before.

"Of course that's okay. Reese all that matters to me is that you're happy. And if this boy makes you happy, forgetting all the garbage he did to you and your friends in the past, than you should hold on to him. How does he make you feel? From mother to daughter." she asked. I put down my sketch book and laid my head back on the pillow, and a big smile grew on my face.

"He makes me feel like there's actually someone out there whose meant to love me, and not in a parental or a bestfriend way. I don't know...from all the past boyfriends I've had...he's better than all of them combined. He's different, he gets me." I said. Charlotte awwed and hugged me.

"My little girl has a boyfriend, it seems like just yesterday you were telling me how you thought all boys were disgusting." she replied.

"It pays to be an adult." I replied, then Ryan came in with a christmas wreath and a hammer.

"Charlotte? Where are the nails? The really sharp ones we bought?" he asked.

"Are you sure you want to use those nails Ryan? We have the not-so-sharp ones too." she replied.

"Yeah but I bought the sharper ones so they'd bang into the door easier." he said. Oh boy...

"They're in your tool kit honey, be careful please?" she asked.

"I'm always careful." he replied and picked up the nails, then took the hammer and the wreath and started pounding the wreath into the door. I picked up the house phone and dialed a number.

"Hello Lisa?...Yeah it's Reese again...I'm good thanks, how're you?...in about five minutes we're going to need an ambulance..."

-

"You're house is really nice." I said as I walked into Sebastian's house, he really was well off.

"Well yeah, that's what happens when your dad's a lawyer and your mother is a photographer." he replied.

"Can't you just say thank you like a normal person?" I asked him.

"Am I normal though?" he shot back. 

"Good point." I shrugged. Sebastian snickered and plopped down on the couch.

"Come here." he said. I bit my lip and dropped down next to him.

"Are your parents here?" I asked.

"My mom's coming home from San Fransisco tomorrow, and my dad might be coming home late again." he replied.

"Oh I'm sorry." I said, placing my head in the crook of his neck.

"Your hair smells like oranges." he mumbled.