32~ What He Doesn't Know, Won't Hurt Me

"Well, was he sweet?" Rachel and I were doing our nails in her room, with the make-shift DO NOT DISTURB sign we made, so Kurt and his new buddy from some random Glee Club at NYADA wouldn't disturb us... it made me wonder though... would we actually disturb them? Anyway, Rachel wanted to know every detail about my date and... the not-really one-night-stand.

"He was a total gentlemen, and get this: he was actually interesting to talk to!" I replied.

"Shut up, was he wearing his stupid uniform?" she asked.

"I wouldn't of stayed if he was." I replied.

"So... how was he?" she asked with a goofy smile on her face.

"... How was he what?" I asked.

"Oh you know... in bed. Was he good?" she asked. I huffed.

"He was fine," I replied.

"So, that mark on your neck wasn't caused by you pulling a chord of a socket?" she asked. I grimaced, immediately becoming self-aware of the hickey from the other night.

"Shut up," I hissed.

"Looks like you definetely enjoyed yourself." she started giggling like she was mental.

"Oh jeez, would you stop that? Regis and Kelly out there might here you!" I hissed and covered the spot again.

"I'm sorry, but this the first interesting thing about you since... well this is the first interesting thing about you!" she replied. No that, I was offended by.

"Seriously? Three full years of pranks, practical jokes and dragging you into detentions with me wasn't interesting? I thought I was giving you a taste of the awesome life?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Reese, but I think you being someone's dirty little secret is much more interesting than filling the basketballs with cottage cheese and me giving the principal and alibi for you." she replied.

That got me thinking, "Hmm, I'm a dirty little secret? I like that. It makes me sound like a bad girl." I beamed.

"Which the entire student body of McKinely and graduates around the country know you are." she replied.

"And I'm sure Sebastian knows," she sang.

"Of course he does; either he's attracted to natural disasters, or vice versa," I replied. She then glared at me.

"You're not a natural disaster, Reese," she said.

"Did I tell you this before?" I asked her. She started chuckling.

"No, it's just... you know I see you talk about him the way that you used to talk about Isaac... or I used to talk about Finn. I think it's really sweet." she replied. I sighed, the thought of Isaac sweeping over me once again. I missed him, but somehow, that sting was just a little more numb then usual.

"I miss him sometimes," I said.

"I know you do," she replied.

"Do you miss Finn?" I asked her. 

"Reese, we've talked about this. I'm-"

"With Brody eight-pack, looks-like-a-Ken-doll-whatever-his-last-name-is. I don't care, you're not answering my question." I said.

"Alright well, from time to time I do miss him, his kind brown eyes and his soft dark brown hair. And the goofy smile he gets when he thinks of a bad pun." she said with a recognizant smile.

"Oh yeah, what does Brody do when he thinks of bad puns?" I asked. Rachel took a moment to think.

"He doesn't tell puns... good or bad." she replied.

"No, he's just late for home cooked meals made especially by Rachel Berry... I don't blame him." I said.

"Hey, even if he was late, he still enjoyed the food." she replied.

"That I made, you just brought it up to temperature." I said.

"Okay. so I may not be the best cook in this apartment, but at least he enjoyed it." she replied.

"Well, if he wants more you can tell him to drop in at Reese Lavek's Twenty-Four Hour Kitchen." I said.

"Right..." all of the sudden, my phone buzzed, but Rachel grabbed it before I could.

"Hey! Give me my phone!" I snapped at her.

"From Sebastian, some day, I may not remember everything you say or do, but I will always remember how you make me feel?" it wasn't a question he was sending me, Rachel just decided to put it out like that.

"Aw Reese, this is like some cheesy romantic movie, and you're the star." she beamed.

"What do you mean romantic? That's a quote from Carl Buehner. And if he were here right now, he'd kidnap Kurt and send him to a gay conversion camp," I said, "And give me my phone, Steisand." I took my phone back.

"I'm happy for you Reese, even though I feel it's wrong and upsetting to some parties, and these star-crossed lover relationships always tend to go bad... I'm happy that you found a boy who really likes you." she said. Ah, there's Rachel, sophisticated, funny, and speaks her truth, good or bad.

"Thank you Rachel. And Kurt doesn't know right?" I asked.

"He doesn't know." she replied.

"What doesn't Kurt know?" we both jumped as Kurt poked his head in through the door.

"Kurt doesn't know that if he doesn't stop spoofing in on all of our girl conversations that Reese is going to give him a shot right to his sciatic nerve." I said with a sweet smile.

"She doesn't mean that. When the time comes Kurt, we'll tell you. For now it's a secret, so wipe it from your memory, as it was never there in the first place." Rachel said. Kurt sighed and shook his head.

"I can't believe it, I'm gay and living with two girls, yet I still can't understand them." he replied.

"Sorry Kurt, there's a price we all have to pay." I said.

"Of course. Listen, Adam and I are going to order pizza from that place a couple blocks down, you know the one that gives you your own pizza? Do you girls want anything?" he asked us.

"We'll get a vegetarian and a pepperoni." Rachel replied, obviously the vegetarian was for her.

"Yeah, and here," I reached into my purse and pulled out a fifty dollar bill, "for our share of the pizza." I said and handed it to him.

"No, no, no Reese, your money is no good around here. Buy yourself a nice new pair of shoes with that." he replied. I gave him a look.

"In New York? The only thing you can buy in New York for fifty bucks is a taxi ride to Queens." Okay, that was a HUGE exaggeration, but it's true, New York is expensive.