11~ You Don't Say?

Rule 10: Never show your weak side

An hour had passed and nobody had come to save us, unfortunately for me. I was fine with sitting against the wall and playing temple run on my phone, but Sebastian kept pacing around and 'thinking' of plans to get us out of here. Then, I had the wonderful idea of trying to get cell reception in the deep freeze. We keep all our meats and fish in the deep freezer, and it's super cold in there... but it's positioned just under the satellite dish, and I may have at least one bar showing up.

Ten minutes passed by of me trying to move around and get reception, then I heard Sebastian shout for me.

"Hey Reese, did you get any reception yet?" he asked me. I stubbed my foot from the sudden break in the silence, then I went over to the door and stuck my head out.

"Long ago Hairgel, but I'm staying in here because I love the freezer. Moron," I finally gave up and stepped out of the freezer.

"No bars?" he asked.

"Not even wifi," I replied, then I started shivering.

"Geez, that dumb freezer is friggin' cold!" I growled and wrapped my arms around myself. Sebastian slipped off his blazer and handed it to me.

"Here," he said. I looked at the coat like it was a single leaf that people called a salad.

"I don't want to wear your robot coat," I said.

"Robot coat?" he asked.

"I can't tell any of you Dalton dweebs apart when you're wearing those," I replied.

"You picked me out pretty good," he said.

"Yeah, because of your slick hair," I replied. Sebastian just rolled his eyes.

"Just take the jacket," he said. I huffed and took the jacket from him, then slipped it on. I felt like a toddler trying on my mother's dresses. Sebastian just chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"It looks good on you," he replied, at least it wasn't insulting.

"Thanks, Lurch," I replied and sat down against the wall, then Sebastian came and sat down next to me.

"You know, this actually reminds me of when I was younger. I was fooling around in my dad's office and I messed up the subpeonas he was collecting, and he caught me and decided to lock me in the bathroom as punishment," he said, which made me gawk back.

"How long were you in there for?" I asked.

"About three or fours hours," he replied. I burst out laughing.

"Oh my God! What did you do in there?" I asked him.

"Well I found a bar of soap and tried using is like a rubber ball, instead it just got stuck to the wall," he replied.

"Oh no,"

"Yeah, I would've stayed in longer if my mom hadn't come in and pulled me out," he said.

"Your mom?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's a lot nicer than my dad," he replied.

"Well, at least you had a good cop to match your bad cop," I then realised what just slipped out of my mouth.

"What?" he asked.

"Slip of the tongue, I didn't say anything," I replied. He gave me a look.

"Don't give me the third degree look there, go bounce an apple against the door or something. Maybe it'll get attention," I suggested and stood up.